Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering buying the lowering springs til i thought about the difference in the ride... So i gave a quick search but couldnt find much.
Hows the lowered koup ride? lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
To be honest, I'm no expert but I've heard bad things about the ebiach lowering springs. Alot can go wrong. I'm waiting for coilovers.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
There's just a lot of talk that bad things might go wrong. Many of the members here have the springs and have had no problems whatsoever. I've had my springs for almost a year and a half and no issues as of yet. "Knock on wood."

Like patyouknow said, 1.2" isn't much of a drop and the ride quality compared to stock is negligible.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okokokok... So dont hate me... Difference between changing the springs and coilovers ? Ive really only owned Classic Muscle , so at most , im only used to putting stronger springs in a rearend lol.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Coilovers are a strut and spring combo so I believe you change out the whole whole assembly, the biggest difference is price... Springs @ $200 or so, coilovers at $1500+ I've had eibachs on my old car for close to 3 years no problem, the only problem I can forsee would be the struts wearing faster which would result in a bouncy ride.

·
Registered
350 Posts
the biggest difference between lowering springs and coilovers is NOT the price lol.

you cant compare the two based on price because coilovers are just so much better. they are worth the extra money.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the idea of being able to adjust the heighth..

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ok, they are way better but the price is what keeps me and most others from getting them, so I like to look at it the way I do justifying that the springs are fine, which they are,but coilovers are better in every aspect compared to springs except maintenance, I personally wouldn't purchase coilovers for the forte as it doesn't seem worth it, maybe on a track car or show car to get its center of gravity as low as possible, but I wouldn't drive in the winters we have with them

·
Registered
59 Posts
I dont even know if people bother adjusting them but still much better than springs. Cant go cheap on a car!

2,213 Posts
I have my car lowered and hate it! Only becAuse the roads here suck!!!! I'm seriously thinking about the coilovers, just so I can raise the ride for daily use and lower it for shows and such.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I had mine lowered and it was terrible. It was Horst Lu embarrassing how hard/rough the car rode. You could run over a dime and you would swear it was a curb lol.

But my god did it look great. For me it was appearance over function.

·
Registered
59 Posts
what if you go with the ebiach spring and struts does that make a difference or coilovers still rape that too?

·
Registered
350 Posts
what if you go with the ebiach spring and struts does that make a difference or coilovers still rape that too?
yes coilovers will still rape a strut/spring combo. plus nobody makes after market struts for our cars.

thats why beasts ride was so "horrible"... our stock struts arent made to be used with lowering springs, it puts extra weight on the strut therefore creating a more rough ride and the possibility of blowing your struts.

·
Registered
427 Posts
the car went into the corners just the same as with stock SX springs, but didnt handle bumps as well. im selling my stock SX springs too, btw, since I no longer have the car.

·
Registered
916 Posts
A risk alot of us are apparently willing to accept, I really hope struts come out though.

·
Registered
585 Posts
how have you heard bad things?

the eibach springs only drop the car like 1.2" thats NOTHING.
Actually you are not correct, 1.2" is SOMETHING. The suspension is a 'system' that has been designed and tested by trained professional automotive engineers. When you modify a proven system and modify it up with an unproven system the results can either be wonderful or disastrous.

Some of the potential issues are: blown shocks [this can happen since the stock shock was not designed to work with the aftermarket spring], car pulling to one side [very annoying indeed and sometimes impossible to fix], very harsh ride [the Kia is already a hard ride - making it harder does not help], clunking sounds that were not there before...etc...

If you have money and time to burn on correcting any issues that may occur...then by all means...go for it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also wanted to lower my car with the eibach springs but after reading the thread I am not sure anymore - Is the ride really that much harder after to drop...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts