Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Kia Forte sedan with 41,000 miles so far. Is there anyone out there that has a Kia Forte with high mileage? Not sure if Kia Forte measures up with Honda's, Subaru's or Toyota's high mileage records of reliability and still running stories. I had a kia Amanti which I loved and that is why I went with the Kia Forte (great mileage, large back seat, etc.) I love this car, but really need to know how long it will be reliable until things start going wrong. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
646 Posts
As with any of the cars you mentioned stuff will go wrong with them. Probably minor stuff so I would think KIA would be the same way. As long as you treat it good you should only come across normal wear and normal maintamance. Unlike BMW or othe high priced cars stuff will start to go out early, like around the mileage you have or even before.

I am sure other have more info then me due to I am new to KIA world :)

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
Hyundai/Kia aren't the same as they were in the 90s. As long as the car was taken care of properly it'll be reliable

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have not seen a forte but the engine platform in the Soul, Sorento, and Rio's I have seen with 150+ thousand miles, regular oil changes and maintaince, running great! 40k is not near a high milage mark, you have plenty of life in it.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
My spec5 (predicesor to the forte) has just over 160,000kms an my forte is at almost 94kms so i believe you should expect a long reliable life from the forte. Sure ive had a few waranty dates, but i feel the main things like engine & trans to still be going strong. Like mentioned just take care of it, an it will take care of u

Sent from my HTC One V using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Mine just turned over 75,000 miles today. Runs great, no problems. Just had 2 front wheel bearings replaced under warranty, but other than that, just oil and filter changes.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I felt totally comfortable buying my forte after getting 170,000 out of my accent. It was just getting old and had lil bits ready to be replaced but the drivetrain was still excellent. Only had normal services and a sensor and a window regulator replaced. Never had it towed once. Bought it w/26,000 miles and was 2nd owner. Wasnt exactly nice to it either lol. Lots of dirt road miles and camping fishing trips etc. I kinda treated it like a mini truck and even towed a few times with a utility trailor and twice other cars with a dolly.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
^ sounds like us in the spec5, that thing saw snowmobil trails summer an winter (just a couple times :p ) im nicer to the koup tho

Sent from my HTC One V using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
791 Posts
Car is still practically new at 40,000 miles:/ I got almost 50k on my 2011. Our old 96 Chevy 1500 had 280,000 miles on it when we got rid of it. Even if "it's still a Kia", ill be damned if this thing doesn't last at minimum 200,000 miles before giving me major problems. Just gotta take care of em

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have 139,000 miles on my 2010 Forte EX Sedan. No problems so far! Replaced all brake linings around 120,000 miles, 2 tire changes. It had 45,000 miles when I bought it. Oil changed every 6500 - 7000 miles, Mobil 1 0W20 as long as I've owned it. 35 mpg average highway mpg.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I have 139,000 miles on my 2010 Forte EX Sedan. No problems so far! Replaced all brake linings around 120,000 miles, 2 tire changes. It had 45,000 miles when I bought it. Oil changed every 6500 - 7000 miles, Mobil 1 0W20 as long as I've owned it. 35 mpg average highway mpg.
that is the most miles i have seen reported in any thread yet..you may hold the title of highest miles. congratulations! b.t.w. how many miles do you average a day? must be a heck of a commute!

·
Registered
55 Posts
My last care was a Elantra, bought it with 155,000 miles on it for $300. Sold it a year later with 192,000 for $700 lol. I got my 2010 sx koup in Jan with 22,000 miles and I'm about to roll over to 35,000. I drive quite a bit, but take care of my vehicles. Hopefully I can get up to 192K again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
99600 miles so far and no major issues yet car has been great

·
Registered
431 Posts
Considering that TurboKits turbocharger systems can push 10psi into the stock engine, we have a pretty solid block setup. The engine isn't pushing it's maximum possible power from stock, which should make it far more reliable. The brand new 2014 setup seems a bit less reliable to me.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Considering that TurboKits turbocharger systems can push 10psi into the stock engine, we have a pretty solid block setup. The engine isn't pushing it's maximum possible power from stock, which should make it far more reliable. The brand new 2014 setup seems a bit less reliable to me.
Why would you say that about the 2014 ? Are you talking turbo or just normal engines ?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Why would you say that about the 2014 ? Are you talking turbo or just normal engines ?
I'm not trying to scare, just giving my opinion. I'll start with the sedan. The base 1.8 seems like a great little engine, gaining HP with a more direct injection system. The 2.0 looks abit more sketchy to me, mainly because of it's 11.5:1 compression ratio (which leads me to believe it will not last as long).

The 5door follows a slightly different route: The EX gets a 2.0, direct injection setup, should be great for reliability; the SX gets a 1.6 turbo, which seems decent, since the compression ratio is lower to compliment the tiny turbo.

Either way, I feel like the SX models are going to be less reliable for the new models, but they should all still last a good while!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm not trying to scare, just giving my opinion. I'll start with the sedan. The base 1.8 seems like a great little engine, gaining HP with a more direct injection system. The 2.0 looks abit more sketchy to me, mainly because of it's 11.5:1 compression ratio (which leads me to believe it will not last as long).

The 5door follows a slightly different route: The EX gets a 2.0, direct injection setup, should be great for reliability; the SX gets a 1.6 turbo, which seems decent, since the compression ratio is lower to compliment the tiny turbo.

Either way, I feel like the SX models are going to be less reliable for the new models, but they should all still last a good while!
So the 2.0 engines in the ex ans sx are the ones you say are not goint to be as reliable in your opintion ? The direct injection kind of sucks IMO because the valves dont get cleaned and they build up carbon crap all over them and you lose power from it. At least that is what was going on with the BMW's that had it. People were even doing group buys to get them cleaned to re gain the throttle responce and power.

I hope your wrong due to I have a 2014 forte ex LOL
I guess time will tell :)

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I just got my Koup, so Im still at around 4500 miles.....however, the dealership I bought from has enough faith that they go above and beyond the norm. Thus, my Koup came with a LIFETIME powertrain warranty. Now the trick is, to not do too much to void that! lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
I meet a guy the other day with a 2010 Koup (using it as a delivery car) with 110,000 mi.- says 0 issue's aside from tires/oil/filters "the norm". Like all the posters said, "take care of your car it will take care of you!"

my 2011 SX hatch about to Hit 30k mi. w/ no issues (replaced tires and change oil every 3k-5k depending on conditions) had an intake sensor replaced under warranty at 15kmi.

I guess to answer the original question- Kia gives you 10yr/100k warranty, translation= they are 100% confident the powertrain will last a minimum of 100k, I've seen multiple older kia's with over 200k mi on them.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts