21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
It will perform very carefully...

·
Registered
55 Posts
My last care was a Elantra, bought it with 155,000 miles on it for $300. Sold it a year later with 192,000 for $700 lol. I got my 2010 sx koup in Jan with 22,000 miles and I'm about to roll over to 35,000. I drive quite a bit, but take care of my vehicles. Hopefully I can get up to 192K again.
Update! A couple months later and im at 45000 miles. Been driving a lot lol

Gotta do some performance stuff tho. I am tired of how slow it has gotten. Maybe a short intake? I hear the long ones can suck water in.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Update! A couple months later and im at 45000 miles. Been driving a lot lol

Gotta do some performance stuff tho. I am tired of how slow it has gotten. Maybe a short intake? I hear the long ones can suck water in.
As long as you don't turn your intake into a straw, you are fine with a CAI (long intake). A little water is fine, your engine can process that but if you drive through a 12'' deep puddle your gonna have a bad time lol. But honestly, how often are you forced to do that? Just find a way around said puddle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As long as you don't turn your intake into a straw, you are fine with a CAI (long intake). A little water is fine, your engine can process that but if you drive through a 12'' deep puddle your gonna have a bad time lol. But honestly, how often are you forced to do that? Just find a way around said puddle.
I get some rain and high wind but not much more. I dont want to worry about that tho so I think short is for me. I want to do the exhaust first since I hear no cat and straight pipe will really make it move!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I get some rain and high wind but not much more. I dont want to worry about that tho so I think short is for me. I want to do the exhaust first since I hear no cat and straight pipe will really make it move!
Yeah I am no exhaust expert but I guess the less restrictions the better right? So if you remove anything and everything that restricts you should have one fast Koup! I wonder if enlarging the diameter of the exhaust (since you are already removing the restrictions) will help at all? Like say if our exhausts are 2'' piping (which I have no clue really) and you enlarged it to 3'', wouldn't you have amazing air flow? Seems like that would free up a ton of power.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah I am no exhaust expert but I guess the less restrictions the better right? So if you remove anything and everything that restricts you should have one fast Koup! I wonder if enlarging the diameter of the exhaust (since you are already removing the restrictions) will help at all? Like say if our exhausts are 2'' piping (which I have no clue really) and you enlarged it to 3'', wouldn't you have amazing air flow? Seems like that would free up a ton of power.
Thats what I think too! Im guessing it will give me better mpg too.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The Sedan has inch and a half, So I got the three inch

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a great relationship with my dealer/service dept. I asked them the very same question about the reliability of the 2010. Troy said "Shoot, the only reason these roll into service is to get the oil changed". I've got 45k on mine now and only had a brake switch issue that was fixed under warranry. I love my little tollway machine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2010 Kia Forte sedan with 41,000 miles so far. Is there anyone out there that has a Kia Forte with high mileage? Not sure if Kia Forte measures up with Honda's, Subaru's or Toyota's high mileage records of reliability and still running stories. I had a kia Amanti which I loved and that is why I went with the Kia Forte (great mileage, large back seat, etc.) I love this car, but really need to know how long it will be reliable until things start going wrong. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!
2013 EX.. 74k. Still runs and drives like new! Outside of routine maintenance and a new set of Toyos, absolutely no problems!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
138,000 miles on my 2011 koup and the only thing I have had go bad were the front wheel bearings. Other than that its in great shape and she runs very good. I get it serviced every 5k miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone had to have valves adjusted yet? I haven't come across anyone who has.. so I guess I would stay that's a good thing! Just kind of curious about it being as how that's the only thing I'm a little apprehensive about trying to tackle myself. At 75,200k now.. all seems well.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2010 Kia forte

My 2010 Kia forte has a hundred and ten thousand miles on it. At this mileage, something went wrong for the first time. So this was the first time I ever had to bring it in to get repaired. I took it to a Kia dealership. I had to have the crank sensor replaced. The timing of my control valves was off. When they got the motor running they found that my engine rod was knocking. That is the big o crap moment. It was 870$to repair the first 2 things I mentioned. But the rod = a new motor. Which cost 4330. A grand total of 5200$ The car at that mileage is not worth that much. So I think these kias last about 110000 mi and they die. I'm still in a state of shock! I have to buy a new car. I can tell you it won't be a Kia. :crying2:

21 - 40 of 80 Posts