Kia Forte Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2010 Kia Forte sedan with 41,000 miles so far. Is there anyone out there that has a Kia Forte with high mileage? Not sure if Kia Forte measures up with Honda's, Subaru's or Toyota's high mileage records of reliability and still running stories. I had a kia Amanti which I loved and that is why I went with the Kia Forte (great mileage, large back seat, etc.) I love this car, but really need to know how long it will be reliable until things start going wrong. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!
i have a 2010 kia forte 116k

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2010 Kia Forte sedan with 41,000 miles so far. Is there anyone out there that has a Kia Forte with high mileage? Not sure if Kia Forte measures up with Honda's, Subaru's or Toyota's high mileage records of reliability and still running stories. I had a kia Amanti which I loved and that is why I went with the Kia Forte (great mileage, large back seat, etc.) I love this car, but really need to know how long it will be reliable until things start going wrong. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I have a 2013 Forte I bought new. This car has 137,000 miles on it so far! I have not had to do anything to this vehicle except keep the normal maintenance. So far this car still doesn't use any oil between changes
Btw, I change oil every 3 to 4,000 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 2010 kia forte 116k
My 2010 Kia forte

My 2010 Kia forte has a hundred and ten thousand miles on it. At this mileage, something went wrong for the first time. So this was the first time I ever had to bring it in to get repaired. I took it to a Kia dealership. I had to have the crank sensor replaced. The timing of my control valves was off. When they got the motor running they found that my engine rod was knocking. That is the big o crap moment. It was 870$to repair the first 2 things I mentioned. But the rod = a new motor. Which cost 4330. A grand total of 5200$ The car at that mileage is not worth that much. So I think these kias last about 110000 mi and they die. I'm still in a state of shock! I have to buy a new car. I can tell you it won't be a Kia. :crying2:
I've got a 2013 forte with 138,000 miles on it. I've kept up regular maintenance since I bought it new. Haven't had any problems other than the check engine light came on .I cleaned the fuel system and light went off. This car still drives and feels like new!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm nowhere near where most of you guys are, but the miles are piling up on my 17 Forte. Just turned over 77,000 trouble free miles yesterday. Still on original brakes, but second set of tires. How often have you guys had to change brakes? Mine still look very good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm nowhere near where most of you guys are, but the miles are piling up on my 17 Forte. Just turned over 77,000 trouble free miles yesterday. Still on original brakes, but second set of tires. How often have you guys had to change brakes? Mine still look very good.
17 Forte S, just made 130,000 miles, bought with 600 miles March 2017. So far no issues at all. Have only changed front brakes once, no rear brakes yet. OEM tires gave me almost 90,000 miles which I suppose was due to my mostly highway commute and rotating them every 7500 miles or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2010 Forte has 169,301 miles and is still running strong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012 forte koup with 282,000 km and running great! .... new engine due to a recall but no issues other than that .

·
Registered
2 Posts
My last care was a Elantra, bought it with 155,000 miles on it for $300. Sold it a year later with 192,000 for $700 lol. I got my 2010 sx koup in Jan with 22,000 miles and I'm about to roll over to 35,000. I drive quite a bit, but take care of my vehicles. Hopefully I can get up to 192K again.
keep your oil change records. These engines have problems. The 2 litres anyways. My engine went at 240,000km and got a new one under warranty provided that I had the oil change records. This was also a 2012 model.

·
Registered
138 Posts
2010 Forte EX, 2.0, still going strong at 383,000 miles! Nothing but routine maintenance, alternator at 317,000 miles, battery at 319,000. Still average 34 mpg. 1 qt between oil changes. Mobil 1 5W20, changed every 7500 miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great mileage numbers! Our 2005 Honda Pilot just hit 225,000 recently, and we have high hopes for the 2019 Forte to reach similar numbers :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just rolled over to 90,000 km after 5 years. Bought new with 100km on the dial in June 2014. Hope it lasts another 100k but when she gives up the ghost I’ll likely get another one of the same generation provided they are in good shape.

was playing with the idea of getting a Kia stinger because it’s a baller car. Great utility and good performance but it’ll likely be a pipe dream and I’ll fall back on a forte or possibly a Kona AWD. I have no reservation about buying any current Hyundai Kia products.

I have the 1.6turbo and it drives nice. Pulls pretty hard through the first 4 gears. Thought about tuning for more power but I don’t want to compromise the reliability.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just hit 221

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just hit 212,000 but that kms not miles. So about 100,000 miles. Regular oil changes . Oh ya forgot blew a bottom end bearing and replaced at 140Km with a used 39k motor so thats more like only 50,000 miles on the motor and the rest of the car is in great shape.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've got a 2011 SX and I'm at 292,000km (181,000 miles). No major mechanical issues yet.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts