Kia Forte Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My2010 Forte EX is still going strong at 387,000 miles!
How many miles do you have now?, I just bought 2010 Kia Soul in good condition but she already has 150,000 miles.
I don't drive far distances at all. What do you recommend to making my car make it to at least 250,000 miles?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Still going strong at 393,000 miles. Just started to hear a clunking noise from the rear end when going over bumps and highway expansion joints on my way home tonight. Too cold to crawl under the car to see if anything is visible. Hoping it's just rubber bushings got hard in the cold. -5 F outside here now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used my Kia Forte S 2017. to uber in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and El paso and my car has racked up 218,000 miles and i made sure i did all the requirements every 5,000 miles and my babe sounds brand new. I have had a lot of customers comment on how well my car drives with 218,000 miles. Kia's are awesome. Love my kia! I have owned 8 kias in my life. I highly recommend kia products. Take care of your car and it will take care of you. QUOTE="forterider14, post: 398546, member: 19362"]
As with any of the cars you mentioned stuff will go wrong with them. Probably minor stuff so I would think KIA would be the same way. As long as you treat it good you should only come across normal wear and normal maintamance. Unlike BMW or othe high priced cars stuff will start to go out early, like around the mileage you have or even before.

I am sure other have more info then me due to I am new to KIA world :)
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2010 Kia Forte sedan with 41,000 miles so far. Is there anyone out there that has a Kia Forte with high mileage? Not sure if Kia Forte measures up with Honda's, Subaru's or Toyota's high mileage records of reliability and still running stories. I had a kia Amanti which I loved and that is why I went with the Kia Forte (great mileage, large back seat, etc.) I love this car, but really need to know how long it will be reliable until things start going wrong. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Mine has 217000 miles on it has a tap but runs good

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've put 7800 miles on the 2019 since buying it in November (October 30th), and "knock on wood" no issues at all so far. Still getting excellent MPG, averaging 38ish MPG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Kia Forte Koup here with 228,000 miles on it. Aside from routine maintenance, all it's ever needed was a front caliper @180k, and an a/c compressor @ 215k. It is finally using a little oil, like 1/4 qt per tank of gas, but that's my own fault for not changing it as frequently as it should have been ( often ran it 7k to 8k between changes). All in all, great little car, and it still gets 30mpg! 15837401447388941235409359622835.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Kia Forte sedan with 41,000 miles so far. Is there anyone out there that has a Kia Forte with high mileage? Not sure if Kia Forte measures up with Honda's, Subaru's or Toyota's high mileage records of reliability and still running stories. I had a kia Amanti which I loved and that is why I went with the Kia Forte (great mileage, large back seat, etc.) I love this car, but really need to know how long it will be reliable until things start going wrong. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!
My 2010 Kia Forte has 157,168 miles and runs great

·
Registered
1 Posts
... Unlike BMW or othe high priced cars stuff will start to go out early, like around the mileage you have or even before....
I currently own a high mileage BMW 528i. It has 197K miles on it and let me tell you it has required maintenance. Coils, plugs, brakes, battery, tires, radiator hoses, headlight, window actuator, oil pan, transmission fluid. I’ve sinked over 5 K into just maintenance items. For example a battery is $700. And tires are also not cheap. I’m selling it because a Kia Forte ex came into our lives and this hatchback is a dream to drive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
2014 Kia Forte Koup here with 228,000 miles on it. Aside from routine maintenance, all it's ever needed was a front caliper @180k, and an a/c compressor @ 215k. It is finally using a little oil, like 1/4 qt per tank of gas, but that's my own fault for not changing it as frequently as it should have been ( often ran it 7k to 8k between changes). All in all, great little car, and it still gets 30mpg!
Was your compressor leaking before it was replaced?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Was your compressor leaking before it was replaced?
In my travels through the forums, the most common reason by far that shops replace the compressor is a pully or clutch that's on the way out. Perhaps the service departments where you worked were an exception, but it seems that virtually no one is interested in replacing pullys/clutches, and they all just automatically replace the entire compressor instead. Likewise for alternator pullys and starter contacts. Seems like auto electric shops and the DIY community are the only place that stuff is happening these days.

·
Registered
123 Posts
In my travels through the forums, the most common reason by far that shops replace the compressor is a pully or clutch that's on the way out. Perhaps the service departments where you worked were an exception, but it seems that virtually no one is interested in replacing pullys/clutches, and they all just automatically replace the entire compressor instead. Likewise for alternator pullys and starter contacts. Seems like auto electric shops and the DIY community are the only place that stuff is happening these days.
Likewise, I saw them fail typically in pulley form. My car, being the diva it was, was a different story. It started leaking heavily, just curious if anyone had a similar experience. Blew a seal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For those with high mileage Kias (mostly talking 2010-2013), does yours make a diesel sort of sound at idle? Ours is a 2010 Forte EX 2.0 and sounds like a diesel at idle. As soon as I got it I changed with 5w-20 full synthetic and a quality Purolator oil filter (have an OEM Kia for the next oil change) but the sound is definitely there. Reading the horror stories of the Theta(?) engines I'm wondering if this is a cause for concern, but seeing cars of my same year with 250k+ miles is reassuring.

·
Registered
318 Posts
My 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT is 88,462miles & so far no major mechanical problems no body rust dents/collisions. Just the usual maintenance. Hoping it will last up to the 300,000 to 400,000 mark.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I have a HYUNDAI TIBURON with 200000 miles and it runs like a dream

81 - 97 of 97 Posts