Kia Forte Forum banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just hit 200000 miles on my 2011 Koup SX the other day. No major issues so far.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It depends how you take care of it at low miles. It's not a Honda or Toyota but it has a standard (non CVT) transmission so if you take care of it with some extra care it may last forever.

For me, Oil change (with royal purple, dock me if you want for using it) every 3500 miles because I drive in rough conditions. Royal purple Max Clean fuel system cleaner in the gas tank every oil change to keep valves, pistons clean of carbon buildup. Transmission fluid change every 30,000 miles (and filter too, if you care to, why not?) with Hyundai ATF. And when they come out with royal purple ATF that supports SP-IV, I will use that too. Royal Purple has detergents that clean buildup and keep things moving. Not just marketing, check the YouTube tests people have done when they take their engine apart. Before and after is huge.

Call it overkill, call it stupid, call it crazy. I've done my research and I plan on attempting to make my car last forever. I'm at 7500 miles right now on my sedan and I plan on taking it to 300k plus by doing this stuff continuously. I write it in my maintenance log that I keep in the glove box.

Want to keep the car for 10 years, maybe more. Will be undercoating (not tar, thin fluid film) and ceramic coating the paint every two years because I'm in the rust belt.

A lot of work? Yeah. But someone has to see how long this car can last if you take care of it! I see a brand new car as a challenge. 😁

If you have a higher mileage car, it doesn't hurt to start doing any of this stuff ASAP! It will help it last longer!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Kia Forte with 147k miles and other than oil changes, changing brake pads, tires I’ve never had any other issues. Still runs great. Not even a check engine light on yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I have 2011 koup Ex with 150k, no issues. Fuel economy still going strong, on the freeway been getting average 34MPG and city 28. Never had any check engine light so far and I've been giving it just regular maintenance and I'm the original owner thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was your compressor leaking before it was replaced?
Nope. It crapped out suddenly. Bought a new one, and an air compressor driven Vacuum pump and fixed it myself on a random Saturday. The car now has 248k on it and aside from a little puff of oil smoke out the exhaust under hard acceleration, it runs fine. The drivers electric window hasn't even torn up yet!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my travels through the forums, the most common reason by far that shops replace the compressor is a pully or clutch that's on the way out. Perhaps the service departments where you worked were an exception, but it seems that virtually no one is interested in replacing pullys/clutches, and they all just automatically replace the entire compressor instead. Likewise for alternator pullys and starter contacts. Seems like auto electric shops and the DIY community are the only place that stuff is happening these days.
On the 14 forte, you cannot buy just the compressor clutch.. it's integrated and cannot be purchased by itself.. that was my experience when I tried to buy a replacement clutch ( because that WAS the actual problem: the clutch that is)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
On the 14 forte, you cannot buy just the compressor clutch.. it's integrated and cannot be purchased by itself.. that was my experience when I tried to buy a replacement clutch ( because that WAS the actual problem: the clutch that is)
??????????

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2010 Kia Forte sedan with 41,000 miles so far. Is there anyone out there that has a Kia Forte with high mileage? Not sure if Kia Forte measures up with Honda's, Subaru's or Toyota's high mileage records of reliability and still running stories. I had a kia Amanti which I loved and that is why I went with the Kia Forte (great mileage, large back seat, etc.) I love this car, but really need to know how long it will be reliable until things start going wrong. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I have a 2014 Kia Forte ex gdi with 200,179 miles on it and it runs like a champ! I bought it used and old owner didn’t really keep up with it and I’ve been keeping up with oil changes, it runs like a champ but the positive bank on battery is loose but that’s an easy fix. Other than that no problems

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Kia Forte sedan with 41,000 miles so far. Is there anyone out there that has a Kia Forte with high mileage? Not sure if Kia Forte measures up with Honda's, Subaru's or Toyota's high mileage records of reliability and still running stories. I had a kia Amanti which I loved and that is why I went with the Kia Forte (great mileage, large back seat, etc.) I love this car, but really need to know how long it will be reliable until things start going wrong. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I have a 2014 Kia Forte that has 155,000 miles. I have had no major problems with the engine. I just had the AC discharge line replaced. I did a tune up on the belts at 140,000 miles. It still gets 33 miles per gallon on the highway. My drive to work is 160 miles round trip. I love the car. I am hoping it can last past 200,000 to maybe even 250,000.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My 2017 Forte has 110,000 trouble free miles and still runs like a top! The only issues I've had with it are a crappy trunk latch and a melted connector on the blower motor. I'm running Mobil One full synthetic with a Mobil One filter and change it every 15,000 miles. I'm getting ready to replace all four rotors and brake pads. Any tips?

101 - 112 of 112 Posts