Kia Forte Forum banner

How will Kia Forte perform with high mileage?

160K views 121 replies 70 participants last post by  marlinlaurel 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 2010 Kia Forte sedan with 41,000 miles so far. Is there anyone out there that has a Kia Forte with high mileage? Not sure if Kia Forte measures up with Honda's, Subaru's or Toyota's high mileage records of reliability and still running stories.

I had a Kia Amanti which I loved and that is why I went with the Kia Forte (great mileage, large back seat, etc.) I love this car, but really need to know how long it will be reliable until things start going wrong.

Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!

#111 ·
I have a 2010 Kia Forte sedan with 41,000 miles so far. Is there anyone out there that has a Kia Forte with high mileage? Not sure if Kia Forte measures up with Honda's, Subaru's or Toyota's high mileage records of reliability and still running stories. I had a kia Amanti which I loved and that is why I went with the Kia Forte (great mileage, large back seat, etc.) I love this car, but really need to know how long it will be reliable until things start going wrong. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I have a 2010 Kia Forte sedan with 41,000 miles so far. Is there anyone out there that has a Kia Forte with high mileage? Not sure if Kia Forte measures up with Honda's, Subaru's or Toyota's high mileage records of reliability and still running stories. I had a kia Amanti which I loved and that is why I went with the Kia Forte (great mileage, large back seat, etc.) I love this car, but really need to know how long it will be reliable until things start going wrong. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I have a 2014 Kia Forte that has 155,000 miles. I have had no major problems with the engine. I just had the AC discharge line replaced. I did a tune up on the belts at 140,000 miles. It still gets 33 miles per gallon on the highway. My drive to work is 160 miles round trip. I love the car. I am hoping it can last past 200,000 to maybe even 250,000.

#112 ·
My 2017 Forte has 110,000 trouble free miles and still runs like a top! The only issues I've had with it are a crappy trunk latch and a melted connector on the blower motor. I'm running Mobil One full synthetic with a Mobil One filter and change it every 15,000 miles. I'm getting ready to replace all four rotors and brake pads. Any tips?

#118 ·
Reached 500,000 trouble free miles 3 days ago! 2010 kia forte ex. Only thing other than normal routine service has been 2 alternator failures.
Hadn't seen anything from you for quite a while, and just figured you had finally had to give it up. Remarkable longevity, and thanks for sharing the history of your vehicle over the years!