Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been reading up on general knowledge of Turbo's, Superchargers and N20. It seems to me that they all say the same thing about adding HP. As a general rule of thumb it is advised not to go over 20HP per cylinder on stock internals to avoid engine damage. (I know I am going to be asked where I got this information and all I can say is Google yourself ).

All that being said.

Which modification would you choose to get your 80 hp and why?
(smiles as he stirs the pot)

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
lmao weird... um really easy ecu flash,air intake,exhaust system,headers oh and just a comment i have to make why not just change the internals and get a port and polish head and racing pistons and call it a day my friend

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol... I guess I should have said something about budget too... I mean really if we had limitless money we would all be driving 400hp fortes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
lol... I guess I should have said something about budget too... I mean really if we had limitless money we would all be driving 400hp fortes.
No , if i limitless money i would not be driving a Forte at all . Nitrous is not really an option in Ontario , get caught with the bottle connected on the street and you lose the car . A roots style supercharger requires a special manifold to be fabricated , not an easy task . A vortech supercharger on the other hand would be a possibility , belt driven off the main crank pulley and the air charge could be routed through a front mount air/air IC . A turbo is probably the easiest and most cost effective way to go , keep the boost low and tune it with a piggyback like the apexie neo . Add a J&S Safeguard to pull timing in case of detonation and a wideband O2 sensor and gauge to monitor the a/f .

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
revived! anyone can conclude pushing the limit for at least 25hp per cylinder

·
Registered
708 Posts
idk about fortes

but i was running 300 or so whp .. i dynoed at 252 whp.. which is approximately 100 whp over stock on 7 psi.. i was on 11 psi .. and will be on 15 psi.. that "theory" is a bunch of shit.. 2L lsj cobalts and LNF cobalts have hit 450 whp on stock block and they come with 200 whp .. so yea .. thats like 65 whp extra per cylinder..

there are alot of factors..

compression ratio tuning.. powerband, onset of power, materials of internals..

you can't really just put a number on things

and you're not going to use a piggy back if you want to have real power.. you'll always be missing something with a piggy back unless it's a aem FIC or mega shit (megasquirt) which is really a cooperative standalone for both you need timing and AFR control to do anything real..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts