Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home last night and some a$$hole put this huge jagged rock on the road at the top of this hill, bent the shit out of the rim.
Called the dealership today and I had the worse time trying to play phone tag because the phone system was rather tiresome. Still havn't had a straight answer from them as to wether or not the rim is cover by warranty.
Then they tell me they don't have any 195/65R15's in stock.:eek:
Why they don't keep a good supply of this very common size of tire I don't know. Now Im stuck with the spare on the front and they say I can't even find out about anything till monday!

·
Registered
98 Posts
That completely sucks, id raise hell, haha, my dealership hasnt given me any problems other than putting the stuff on that i paid for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to tell you dude but if you didn't get the extended warranty for the rims then the regular warranty is not going to help you any I know because when I bought my car the sales man strongly suggested I get itbor else if I hit a curb or mess them up I'd be in a deep hole because the rims cost around 400$ at the time so I hope you figure it out and it ends up good on ur side or the rock tottaly won lol anyway GL to you.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
If they do tell you that you have to pay for a new rim and tire then there is a website called hubcapheaven.com or something like that that sells them for 179 rather than 365 but by all means, fight the hell out of it and get it for free!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have the extended tire warranty, and they knew this when they were telling me I might have to go through insurance for the rim. The manager didn't even suggest a tire rotation, I had to call back and tell him to at least get that done. I really don't like when people are short with me on the phone.

Please tell me that the $365 isn't for steels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dude always make them tell you every detail dude I asked everything I could and when I take it in for service I make them do everything and I ask for the mechanic report last service I had they charged me 130$ more for " Parts " that they didn't even tell me they had to replace I went in when I seen the bill and I yelled it all out and they took the charges off and the service was free lol we always get to have the last word if you stand your ground dude.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Why won't they give you the rim? If you do have the extended tire and rim warranty...they should honor it. I blew three tires already and they picked up the tab for each one. Low profile tires in areas with potholes and cracks is not a good idea no matter how 'cool' they look. My dealer also did all the paperwork with the insurance company.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had to pay for the rim, and the tire rotation they did on the weekend. The tire was covered by my warranty and so was the mounting and balancing. woooo...
I didn't find any more damage and the steering is still tight so no need for a wheel alignment.

After all said and done it cost me $250 and a major headache.(thanks drunk a$$hole)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts