Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Ohhh I see! Damn that sucks tho :/ sounds impossible to get LEDs in there then
There are some 9006 LEDs with integral resisters...I'm just not ready to "fork over that much dough" for fog lights...:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey y’all. I have a 2021 Forte GT-Line and I do not like the stock low beams/headlights so I want to switch them out with white LEDs.
I’m just confused as to what LEDs I need to buy for the low-beams, and which ones for the high-beams.
could someone educate me a bit better or send me a link?
I found some Katana 9005 HB3 led lights. Those are for low-beams, correct?
And for high beams I would have to buy H7 LED lights?
I’m sorry but I really am confused. I did research online but can seem to come to a conclusion. I hope someone is willing to help me.
thank you in advance!
Why would you want to change him when you have stock LED's already in there

·
Registered
Kia Forte GT 2020
14 Posts
Hey y’all. I have a 2021 Forte GT-Line and I do not like the stock low beams/headlights so I want to switch them out with white LEDs.
I’m just confused as to what LEDs I need to buy for the low-beams, and which ones for the high-beams.
I’m sorry but I really am confused. I did research online but can seem to come to a conclusion. I hope someone is willing to help me.
thank you in advance!
[/QUOTE

Hi I have a Forte GT 2020, my headlights come led from factory, but I can help a little,
Headlights
9005/9006 is the most common
Maybe your car have led lights, but it's not 168
Signals front lights is

Need something like this for error codes

Front signals

Rear signals 1156

Reverse lights

My car have fog lights protector, I put this

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT-Line, Snow White Pearl
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you!!! I’ll check all of that out for sure 🙏🏼

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT- Line
7 Posts
thank you in advance!

Hi, I ordered mine straight from this website:

There's a place in there that you put in the year, make and model and it will build you a set of big highs and lows. I believe I had to put in either 2019 or 2020 for the year because they didn't have the system updated with the new models. Their headlight bulbs are amazing, straight plug and play for both the high and low beams. Their fog light bulbs are garbage.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT-Line, Snow White Pearl
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hey y’all. Thought I’d post an update.
The Lasfit Pros ( H7) fit perfectly! No error code either..this was the high beam bulb.
I got Sealight Scoparc S2s (HB3) for the low beam. They fit perfectly as well and no error codes either. But the light pattern was pretty unsatisfying so I put the Halogens back in. I kept the high beams tho. They’re perfect. I’ll probably try Katana LEDs and if the light pattern is off also, I’ll try some Phillips halogens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there is another post regarding this.

This is my opinion but I would rather go w/ HID setup for the lowbeam.
My experience has been the LED creates hotspots and blindspots because it doesn't use the focal point for the headlamp lens. I got better results with HID.

Also I had many of these LED bulbs go out prematurely - just cheap quality. I couldn't even tell you which brand would be a "reliable" brand.

But saying that you need to go with a high quality HID setup not these 10 dollar ballasts and bulbs you find on ebay.

1. Ballast get a 35W Hyluxtek or 35W Morimoto. (Don't get the 55W versions for these ballasts, these are powerful and 55W is too bright and have some chance of melting your lens over time).
Compared to these generic or less brand cheapo ballasts you find on Amazon / eBay. I think I can easily say brightness you get out of the 35W Hyluxtek ballasts is almost equal to the 55w generic brand ballasts.

2. Cnlight, Yeaky, Morimoto are the only bulbs you should consider, they are on the high quality,
(These are yes made in China, but the glass tube, gases are sourced from GE, Philips, or use South Korean tech [Yeaky])

They have proper UV coated glass and proper salt / gas. Not like the cheap generic or lesser brands you find on amazon / ebay. They will not damage your lens from UV light - fogs your lens, nor will be dim, or have funny colors.
And their failure rates are low.

I haven't had one cnlight fail.
Yeaky I had some failures but still reliable.
I can't speak for morimoto but I heard they are on par.
I would get cnlight over yeaky due to the reliability - i had them on my car for over 3 yrs and no failure, no graying of headlight or fog light lens.
and please stick with 4300k / 5000k / 6000k
Cnlight has 2 versions of the bulb - roundball and regular. you can use both since this is a projector application.
the roundball will cost 2X more but has less glare and supposed to be more bright but I can't notice the brightness difference. use the roundball for reflector, or if you want that "slight difference in brightness i can't tell" go for the roundball.
the roundball has a roundball shape around the gas.

I use Hyluxtek on all my setups and it's performance is stellar, no failure and its powerful. (I currently own 2017 Forte)
They have 2 versions, the one w/ error-canbus and the one w/ fast warmup (blue ring on one of the wires)
- the error-canbus versions, i don't know if the error cancelling feature works correctly (i tried it on a 95 M3 and didn't work)
but this ballast doesn't have high amp startup requirement
( you can try getting one and if it still gives you error you can get the morimoto wiring harness - link below)
- the fast warmup always has to be on a separate relay - it has higher amp startup requirement (if you don't use a separate wiring harness, it will not startup).

I tried installing an HID on the 2021 Kia Soul and we had the check headlight lamp on the dash.
Looks like all the new Kia's are having this error check. I used a morimoto wiring harness to remove this error on the dash. (This harness did not heat up)
*** Don't use the fast startup ballast for your car since your car has canbus error check. I got the fast startup blast from Hyluxtek model A2088 for a friend's 2021 soul and even with morimoto capacitor canbus relay both sides would start up 70% of the time.. 30% of the time only one side would fire up and the one side won't light up. And you can't use a wiring harness - it will fire up 100% of the time but you will have the error on your dash saying to check headlight. Both scenarios are annoying. You will have to use the slower version of the ballast with canbus error feature but it will be reliable.

*** I think since this is 2021 Forte w/ the error feature, i think we can use the same harness below. I used the below on the soul to correct it and the error dissappeared.
Morimoto wiring harness
( These have capacitors in them that help with starting up the ballasts )

You can find cnlight bulbs cheaper on ebay and hyluxtek ballasts on ebay.

I have not used this but you can get information on other products on this site.

==============
So simple version,
===> my recommendation is
1. Get 2X Hyluxtek ballasts - Get the 2A88 version

Find them on ebay its cheaper

2. Get a pair of cnlight bulbs, 9006/9005 makes no difference for HID they both fit I think.

Find them on ebay its cheaper

3. Get the morimoto wiring harness I showed above. Get the 9005 version.

Yeaky also has more premium models like the cnlight roundball which are the yeaky lbs pros.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts