Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
What is the deal in Canada? Is there a shortage of cars?

I always buy out of inventory by checking the dealers who are reasonably close by. That way I can almost always find what I want somewhere and it can be serviced locally afterwards.

The worst time I had to deal with was when I ordered a car from Ford and I didn't think it would ever show up. Eventually it did but it must have been put together on a Monday as several things were broken, such as the speedometer, the alignment, the decals and other things. If a person buys a car out of inventory, you can look it over and see if it is right before taking delivery.

I never rely on promises from a car dealer. Never. They will tell you the moon is made out of green cheese to make a sale.

BTW, you should never buy a car when you feel "I gotta have this car or I'm gonna die." I guess I'm jaded. I forget that I bought a new car about one mile down the road. It is purely a financial transaction and like buying an appliance anymore. I figure out what I'm looking for and crunch the numbers and then go in and let the dealer negotiate with himself. I never, never, never, never, make an offer. Once anyone puts a number down it is only going to go up. If a person doesn't put a number down in front of the dealer, the price will keep going down. At some point I will stick out my arm and say "twist it." Then the deal is done.

· Registered
218 Posts
Now I got an option! They say I can't get a rental car cuz they are not gonna pay for rental cars. They said I can upgrade to SX by paying extra 2500 or I wait for 3~6 weeks my car shipped from Korea. They have no ex with sunroof in entire Ontario state in any color and every customers want that trim must wait 3~6 weeks. And I never get informed when I sign the contract and i can't even cancel my contract! And they think I can't understand situation well enough due to my enliglish accent an kindly explain the process of car making and shipping from south korea in detail which they think I dont understand
Why it takes few weeks for shipping g from Korea... With sarcastic tone !!
Well, if they have the right color in the SX, get it. The options and handling package are well worth the extra $2,500 anyway. I think you can probably get it for less, however. But I would never settle for anything less. The SX handles like a sports car in the truest sense. I really don't understand why anyone would settle for less.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.