Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's only been about 45 days since I drove my SX off the lot and I can already see engine oil slowly sipping out of left side (where black plastic meets the engine block) and through the fuel injector ports :mad:. If the leaked liquid is not oil, then it's leaking fuel! I guess I'll have to take it to the dealer.

Other complaints:

Rusts are forming on certain engine components made of iron - like the bracket that holds the engine block to the frame and the auto tensioner wheel where the serpentine belt is wrapped around.

There are numerous minor paint defects UNDER the clear coat, like bumps, dirt deposits, color mismatch, and water streak like drip marks on the door.

Had to vent... thanks for listening (reading)
====
Finally I have the time to update this:
1) fluid leaking from the injector: diagnosis==> injector seal not working. ordered new parts and the dealer asked that I should plan to leave the car with them for a day or so when the parts arrive. Initially, the dealer insisted that the damp spots were due to splashed engine oil when the oil was changed recently... I re-iterated that the spots are always wet EVEN AFTER I wipe the area clean... Finally, the mechanic followed my steps-to-reproduce and wipe the area clean and then drove the car for about 30 miles at highway speed and came back to find the same spots WET !

2) Oil leak on the side. The dealer insisted that it was not a leak... The dealer cleaned the suspected place and did a very short test drive (30 miles)... so far they are not convinced, so I am to bring the car in after about a week of driving to see if they can detect any evidence of leak around the place where they cleaned off the oil residues.

3) Paint defect: Because the car was NOT washed - due to recent rain storms - the dealer insisted that various defects were dirt or tar... I used car wax to demonstrate that the defects were UNDER the clearcoat. The dealer was somewhat convinced, but stated that addressing the issues will take time and asked that I make another appointment.... I am not sure making constant visits to the dealer is worth my time. Anyway, I'll keep you updated.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having problems. I haven't had any issues (knock on wood) with mine so far. Make sure you get the dealer to make some fixes and try and get some free stuff out of them!

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
umm, smell it. Fuel it VERY recognizable. SMELLS LIKE GAS!!! And if it IS fuel. You might want to hold of of driving it, unless you want an insurance claim.
If the 2.4 is the wrld motA, the FR is in the front correct? Can you show any pictures?
Is it in the injector hole itself? Can you tighten your fuel rail? More info plZ.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
It's only been about 45 days since I drove my SX off the lot and I can already see engine oil slowly sipping out of left side (where black plastic meets the engine block) and through the fuel injector ports :mad:. If the leaked liquid is not oil, then it's leaking fuel! I guess I'll have to take it to the dealer.

Other complaints:

Rusts are forming on certain engine components made of iron - like the bracket that holds the engine block to the frame and the auto tensioner wheel where the serpentine belt is wrapped around.

There are numerous minor paint defects UNDER the clear coat, like bumps, dirt deposits, color mismatch, and water streak like drip marks on the door.

Had to vent... thanks for listening (reading)
Iron will rust. That's normal. If you have paint issues, TAKE it back!! The 10 year warr covers paint flaking and peeling a rusting if i am correct...

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
They boast lifetime warranty on pwr train, 10 years on body, IF you do all sched maint @ dealer.... :(

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I would suggest you make a list of all the issues you have and maintain a file. Give the dealer a copy of the issues and kept every piece of paperwork they give back to you in this file. If you have a digital camera take pictures of what you can and store them on your computer. Make sure the date is correct on your camera.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
Iron will rust. That's normal. If you have paint issues, TAKE it back!! The 10 year warr covers paint flaking and peeling a rusting if i am correct...
Paint is covered for 3 years...check your warranty book.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
x2... 3 years. I filled out my survey the other day online and received a follow up call and spoke to someone at the Kia Customer Service center. I have a small chip on my door handle and they informed me the paint was covered until 02/27/2013 which would be 3 years to the day I bought the car.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Paint is covered for 3 years...check your warranty book.
:(
sadly, i do not have an owners book. I will ask my "lifetime warr" dealer if i buy from them. Its a good thing to know. Did the OP ever find his leak? What color is it? And if you have rental car insurance, i wouldl DEF call the dealer and see if they can come get it from your house. Did the paint all of a sudden crap out, or did you just not notice it when you bought it?
What color did you get? Pictures please!!!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Doj ask about the extended warranty when you buy yours. Some dealers, mine at least, offered a warranty bumper to bumper for 10 years. They also will do all my oil changes and replace my tires. Well on my wife's Borrego. I opted out on the koup.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
/thread hijack while waiting on pictures......

I know dealers cost on the 10/100 is about 500$, but what did they hit you up for on the burrito? And is it nice? IT kind of looks like a pathfinder from the side and a durango or a chrysler aspen from the front. It looks like it should have machine guns mounted on it.

I went to the website, built and configured one. it was 40k. Im SURE its nice.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Any update on this? I've just discovered an oil leak on my SX as well. Looks like it's coming from the fuel rail/left block area. :( Just what I need....

·
Registered
202 Posts
i GOT 7 YEARS WARRANTY BUT ON EVERYTHING!!! LIKE ELECTRICAL, SUSPENTION, EVERYTHING, THEY GAVE ME THE OPTION, i LIKE IT CUZ MY CONTRACT IS FOR 5 YEARS SO i GET 2 YEARS FREE AND AFTER THAT IT'S OK i'M STUDING FOR AUTO TECH SO i CAN DO EVERYTHING ON MY CAR, i WANT TO DO MY SERVICES MY SELF BUT THE DEALER WOULD VOID MY WARRANTY IF I DO BUMER

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.