Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is only stock, but still..makes me all sad

I was reversing and when i actually let go of the clutch all the way...the car was like flying reverse...i was trying to park and i couldn't move the steering wheel fast enough and thats what happened....also the tire got a little scraped up...i hope it isn't puncture though

i think it is meant to be that i will be getting new wheels soon..i got some in mind

2,213 Posts
KEEP YOUR FOOT COVERING THE CLUTCH WHEN YOU GO IN REVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never let go of the clutch fully when im going in reverse!! if i were you..... id keep these rims on for a little longer till you get used to the car more. better off effing these rims up then brand new ones! unless you go to wheelsnext.com and get the warranty!

·
Registered
205 Posts
i always park like 2 feet away from the curb :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah imma keep these rims for a little longer...if anything mess these up...im thinking of wheelsnext...how do their warranty work?

nvm, i just skimmed through it...they cover only if it doesn't hold air pressure...scrapes are going to be covered...

@heredia52, it's not that i was too close, i let go off the clutch while reversing and that flew!!!

lesson learn, never ever ever let go of the clutch while in reverse

2,213 Posts
i actually have my passenger side mirror tilted down a little to see the curb. my rims cost way to much to f*ck up. i remember i let my dad move my car once and i was shitting a brick when he was getting close to the curb! lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah..i bought those two round mirrors and attached to the side mirrors...i drove two minivans before this car so i got used to parking with those two round mirrors...cheap also!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Keep them for winter use. Assuming you drive the car during the winter, curbs are harder to see with snow over them... ;] Don't want to wreck the new wheels. I'm always super cautious about my stock wheels too... lol A wheel is a wheel, don't want to curb anything ;]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol yeah...maybe i should just scuff all my wheels and that would the style LOL

man i am taking this lightly now...yesterday when it happened...i got sooo upset and mad at the same time

it's always nice to talk here and then you guys just joke and give some good advices

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh shit!! hello kitty bandaid on that scuff...you can't get no more gangsta than having a hello kitty bandaid!!! that is OG!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I have a scuff or 2 on my wheels, it does suck, esp. as I like my '10 stock wheels :( I'll get them refinished one day...

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
that scuff pic'ed above is an easy $80 fix for any rim repair shop. Some can even do it with the tire still on the rim

·
Registered
107 Posts
I curbed my SX wheels pretty badly, so i used a sharpie marker to cover up the scratches lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
That sucks! I have been sooo careful since I have gotten this car. Still not used to the dimensions of it. Used to my Tib with a longer hood and lower to the ground.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts