Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
one of the last black editions..i installed this last tuesday with the help of my dad. finally took pics. i couldn't be more happier. it just sounds amazing! the look on people's faces is priceless. improved my mpg a slight bit. you can really feel and hear the power. it was a little tricky putting the intake down the fender but we did it. torqued the oil dipstick out of the way.
i have 2 stickers, one on each side.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol.. even when i rev it to hear the sound..it still gets like 29mpg. i guess it's alright.

·
Registered
425 Posts
it was a little tricky putting the intake down the fender but we did it. torqued the oil dipstick out of the way.
This makes me cringe to know people are doing this, you know that dipsticks break right? It is not as hard as it sounds. I have had friends take cars to monkey garages and have half a dipstick fall to the oil pan. I once had an inch of my dipstick break and float in the pan, that is scary. If someone forces it too hard it can bend and snap, for your transmission it would be game over.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^uh-oh.hope that doesnt happen to me.. i removed the dipstick..just moved the metal tube out of the way.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
This makes me cringe to know people are doing this, you know that dipsticks break right?
I'm not exactly sure but don't our dipsticks have a rubber stop further down to prevent it from falling in? As long as you make the bend above that you should be fine. Maybe it's up towards the top near the handle, I'll have to look.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There are other manufacture designs out there with bends in the dipstick. You just need to be careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts