Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday was a nice day, 55 degrees. warmest it's been in a long time so I decided to wash and wax my car. Came out all purdy and nice. Today the temp dropped to 22 with a high of 35. Didn't drive my car since I washed it. It's been parked in my drive way the whole time. Came home from work, went to walk my dog, looked over to admire my freshly washed car and BAM!!!! crease right in the middle of the passenger door. FML!!! definitely happened over night cause I would have noticed it while I was washing and waxing my car! Now it looks all retarded and shit and if I doesn't go away in a few days right to the dealer I go! Doesn't get fixed....I'm boycotting KIA altogether! Damn it!!! Why does this shit gotta happen to me??

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have the same one does it run from the window seal the whole way down to the bottom of the door just looks like there is a line running down the center of the door

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like it got hit, but it's smooth. Its in the middle of the door, weather striping to about 8-10" down! It sucks major ass!!!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I wonder if anyone has tried using a heat gun or a blow dryer to try and fix it (temporarily)...

·
Registered
76 Posts
oh see mines like a line in the metal or paint or something but starts at the weather stripping and down to the bottom of the door. you can see is at different angles when your lookin at my passenger door cant really tell right now because its dirty but if its warm enough tomorrow i'll spray it off and take a picture

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Head on you can't see it, if you stand at the right angle you can see the reflection bend. But close up, it's smooth. Effing weirdest thing ever!

·
Registered
486 Posts
ya i think everyone is complaining about this issue. On my car they seem to come and go. I have gotten use to them now. I wish I could see the inside of the new door to see if it is any different than the one that got hit. I have had some really wierd weather spikes here over the last week and I have not seen any show up on that door. That being said. I seem to be getting a little more road noise from that side of the car so maybe they didnt put sound crap in it. which would explain it the noise and no crease.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's see what happens when it warms up. The cars 7 months old with only 4,500 miles on it. That shouldn't be happening.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
The Koup Krease Kalamity Kontinues...welcome to the Klub...LoL!

I would lay odds that if you have the crease in the door, you might want to look for the other creases that occur in the quarter panel...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Head on you can't see it, if you stand at the right angle you can see the reflection bend. But close up, it's smooth. Effing weirdest thing ever!
Thats what I said too.. exatley

I hate it and the one on the pillar showed up on my car soon after the door crease.
I wish we could figure out how the hell to fix this:(

·
Registered
274 Posts
Did you seriously just say "why did this happen to me?" I'm pretty sure the correct phrase would be "why did this happen to almost everyone with a 2010 koup" lol.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Time to go trade-in for a Camaro!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
^^ anything but...if you wanta join the "o I have one too" club then go for a Camaro

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.