Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LOL...but seriously

i got my car for not even 2 weeks...and it got bird shit on it like theres no tomorrow

washed it...then bird shit the next morning...rinse it...and then theres more :mad:

and no i don't park under a tree or anything...i park outside of my house where there shouldn't be any birds flying around to take a shit on it!!!!

it's like they don't want me to keep it clean!!!!

question is...what can i use to just wipe it without washing the whole car...cuz it gets frustrating...and believe me those shit are hardcore lol

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Birds target nice cars. I have it all the time on my koup

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
How about a 12 gauge? That'll take care of it.

No but seriously, use bug and tar remover, should work just as well on bird droppings. Some of them strip wax, but I believe the Turtle version does not. Just make sure you get it off when it's still "fresh."

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah i had a blue truck before my silver koup. Birds loved the blue, cause they think its water. Apparently they love silver more. From what ive been told they are attracted to silver cause of the reflectivity:mad:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks...didn't know they had bugs and tar removers for cars

gotta get one and leave it in the trunk!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
thanks...didn't know they had bugs and tar removers for cars

gotta get one and leave it in the trunk!
Yeah, I keep a bottle with at all times with a good supply of microfiber towels.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Personally I hate all shit....especially shit heads!

If it's fresh shit try a spray detail wax first with a microfiber towel

like this shit:

it's the shiznit of shit

DO NOT USE BUG AND TAR REMOVER...that shit is as bad as shit for your paint

and I am not shitting you!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Lol to be honest I have some turtle wax glass cleaner (The foamy shit) and the shit comes right off. Birds shit on my car all the time.. I spray some of that shit on the shit and the shit lifts right off.

Just for shits and giggles...........POOP

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I feel your pain, I got a nest and baby birdies right above my Koup. Oh well, its been raining so much here, kinda takes care of it for me :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
I use that meguiers quick detailed also, works great, but if the crap sits on your paint to long the acidity of it will begin to etch your clearcoat, I used clay bar, rubbing compound scratch and swirl remover and wax and the faint etch of a shit outline is still there.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I use that meguiers quick detailed also, works great, but if the crap sits on your paint to long the acidity of it will begin to etch your clearcoat, I used clay bar, rubbing compound scratch and swirl remover and wax and the faint etch of a shit outline is still there.
Same here, I still have a small spot. It's annoying, may try some paint remover, as every bodyshop I've been to has said to use that for clearcoat scratches.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So yeah... had bird poop on my hood and didn't wash it off... it's not very fresh anymore. So I decided to wash the car today and found a light etch mark on my hood from where the poop used to be... (I know, I'm kicking myself right now...)

Anybody know how I can get rid of the etch markings? I've been scouring the internet and one item that kept popping up was Megular's Ultimate Compound. Anybody have any experience with this?

FYI, the etch mark isn't too deep and hasn't bubbled my paint yet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol you brought back a year old thread
but yeah, i used the turtle wax compound and seems good
Meguire might be better for it. Hopefully the guys on here can give you better advice

sorry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts