Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my fault LOL, I scraped up against the garbage can by the side of the road and now there's a line that goes from my gas cap to the front passenger door.

I know I'm a dumbass, but what would you recommend I do to fix it? The scratch isn't deep, it's just LONG and UGLY on my beautiful black car!

·
Registered
316 Posts
if it's not deep then look into a paint pen with a clear coat. Or just touch up paint.

if not......complete repaint. hard to tell without pictures

2,213 Posts
Call Billy mays!!! Oh wait, he's dead! Lol if it's just the clear float, believe it or not clear nail polish works. Or go to a parts store, they have pens like billy mays used to sell. sorry about the scratch, really sucks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Without seeing it, it's hard to give you specific suggestions. But if it's really light scratches, try waxing it to get it out. If the paint is scratched and it's a long scratch, get some spray can OEM paint from TouchUpPaintOnline.com and repaint it. I have repainted my rear bumper before after moving out of NYC to the suburbs and my bumper now looks brand new.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Before you try using a paint pen, I recommend rubbing compound and a buffing wheel. If you scratch just through clear coat, you can get 90% of the scratch out. If you use a paint pen, you will need to wet sand over the new paint to smooth it back out. If anything, after rubbing compound and wheel, there will be less scratch to "fill".

I have a do-it-youself body manual posted on our website. I recommend reading chapters 13-14. http://www.burtonscustoms.com/body_manual.html

·
Registered
217 Posts
+1 on the above. Try just a scratch remover or compound first. Alot of the time the clear coat will only be scuffed and not even down to the pigment layer, it's hard to tell somtimes. Anyhow, I hate it you...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts