Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want either 2 10"s or 2 12"s and I have NO idea what to get! I know I want to go with the box in the trunk option BUT I want it to be a shallow box not a freakin massive box. Anyone have a setup thats shallow, pretty loud (not ridiculously loud lol), AND sounds good? Any advise from the BP Customs Autosports guys would be sweet as well.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
536 Posts
You could go with the idea I was thinking about...Since our speakers are in the doors and not in the back by the windshield...I was thinking of putting a set of 8" or 10" subs in that spot where normal 6x9's would be....If you used a set of free air subs that would work....I am sure a box application would work too..Just not sure how...

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have two JL's 10w1v2 which are plenty loud paired with a jl hd600\6 amp. Box is wedged and fits nicely in the trunk with plenty of room left over.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have two JL's 10w1v2 which are plenty loud paired with a jl hd600\6 amp. Box is wedged and fits nicely in the trunk with plenty of room left over.
How deep of a box would you say it is? also, how do you have it wired in? Straight to the stock system? Do you have a switch to turn subs on/off? I ask about the switch because with the size of my half stack amp I MAY be needing to take the subs out just to transport my gear (which i dont mind at all)

Also, do you use a capacitor?

Im SEMI-noobish when it comes to car audio so forgive my stupid questions lol

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could go with the idea I was thinking about...Since our speakers are in the doors and not in the back by the windshield...I was thinking of putting a set of 8" or 10" subs in that spot where normal 6x9's would be....If you used a set of free air subs that would work....I am sure a box application would work too..Just not sure how...
Are you meaning on the rear deck lid? That would be kind of complicated since you would have to but through some of the framework.. Id rather not cut through the frame hahaha, just sayin

·
Registered
318 Posts
well whats your music of choice?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2,213 Posts
lol ill actually be in the fort worth area in the middle of next year to visit one of my friends! ill call you... the k-ituation (kia+situation) ok bad joke lol

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol ill actually be in the fort worth area in the middle of next year to visit one of my friends! ill call you... the k-ituation (kia+situation) ok bad joke lol
fun fun, Ft worth is a kinda boring city IMO, and yeah that was a pretty cheesy joke haha

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think im gonna go with 2 10s since ive heard that 12s sound pretty "floppy" for what I listen to, idk though. I just want it to sound good! lol

·
Registered
519 Posts
i had 2 10" kicker L5's in my old car.... havent gotten them installed in the koup yet but they sounded great with anykind of music. Also if your looking for a slim box look for regular cab truck box/sub package.... they make some really thin subs... iv never heard them tho so i cant tell you how they sound

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I'm stuck between 10's or 12's and what style box to use. I wanna put em in the trunk but I don't wanna kill my space and the fold down seats with a bulky box. I was thinking about getting custom fiberglass boxes made that fit behind the wheel wells in the trunk. Is it worth it to spend more money on those boxes? And has anyone done that so I could see it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts