Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum is awesome, here is where I got many ideas for my car. I spent quite some time reading many of the posts on this forum and here is the progress I made with my car so far.

- Kicker ZX550.3 amplifier and 12" Solo baric sub
- Drag DR-19 18 inches wheels with Toyo Proxes 4 225/40R18 tires
- SX-R Front and side skirts, R badges and R door sills
- TurboKits.com CAI
- Shark fin antenna

Next will be Eibach springs, UltraRacing strut bars & roll bars, and Magnaflow exhaust (but the sound with the CAI is already awesome and I am starting to think the exhaust might ruin it, or at least mask it, but we'll see).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Let me be the first one to say OMG! Your car is flipping amazing! Lemme drool over your pictures some more! God i want the SXR kit so bad.... Though... what are those stickers you put on the door? I'm just curious.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow, that looks really nice! That is not lowered already? It looks like it is.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hotness!!
you car is ~yoda
LOL no joke it looks great

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me be the first one to say OMG! Your car is flipping amazing! Lemme drool over your pictures some more! God i want the SXR kit so bad.... Though... what are those stickers you put on the door? I'm just curious.
Thanks! On the doors are Koni7 stikers. I got my idea from this: Kia Forte Koup going racing in 2010 Grand-Am Koni Challenge series — Autoblog

Wow, that looks really nice! That is not lowered already? It looks like it is.
No it is not lowered yet. Just got my Eibach spring kit today but I will install it probably over the weekend. It might look like it is because the wheel size is increased to 18". Can't wait to see what it will look like after lowering.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you like the turbokits CAI. I ordered mine today!

The SXR skirts look really good on black. You need to enter FOTM (just not the month I work up the nerve to do it lol)

·
Registered
204 Posts
No it is not lowered yet. Just got my Eibach spring kit today but I will install it probably over the weekend. It might look like it is because the wheel size is increased to 18". Can't wait to see what it will look like after lowering.
Yeah, maybe that's it. I just installed my 18's if you look at my pics here. It seems mine sits up higher than yours but maybe it doesn't, I'm just paranoid. Gonna be getting my springs too and can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done. Wish I had those side things and the front lip thingies. Didn't want to get the spoiler?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad to hear that you like the turbokits CAI. I ordered mine today!

The SXR skirts look really good on black. You need to enter FOTM (just not the month I work up the nerve to do it lol)

hehehe thanks! you will love the CAI let me tell you. It is not just the 'air sucking' sound you hear on the video you find on these forums; when you actually drive the car and step on it it's much better that than, you will see... I'll try and post my own video during the weekend you'll hear what I mean.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, maybe that's it. I just installed my 18's if you look at my pics here. It seems mine sits up higher than yours but maybe it doesn't, I'm just paranoid. Gonna be getting my springs too and can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done. Wish I had those side things and the front lip thingies. Didn't want to get the spoiler?
OMG your wheels are very nice! It took me over a month to decide on which wheels I wanted because I wouldn't decide between black and gold but in the end I flipped a coin and it was gold so that's what I got. yours are awesome, congratz!
No I did not want the spoiler, I don't really like spoilers and on furthermore I think the Kuop's 'ass' is nice enough as it is and a spoiler would have ruined it (for my liking at least).

·
Registered
78 Posts
:eek: :cool: Looks great!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
- Kicker ZX550.3 amplifier and 12" Solo baric sub
so i am curious-
all you did was add the amp and sub?
your interior speakers running off the amp or just the sub?
get much rattling and buzzing from the body parts w/a sub that big?

what kind of crazy wiring hook up to the stock head unit did you have to do?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i am curious-
all you did was add the amp and sub?
your interior speakers running off the amp or just the sub?
get much rattling and buzzing from the body parts w/a sub that big?

what kind of crazy wiring hook up to the stock head unit did you have to do?
Yes, only added the amp and subs, and wired everything to the stock speakers. four of the six original speakers are running off the amp, and the sub too. I did not put the two tweeters on the amp, as I already had the other four speakers running off two channels and did not want to push my luck too much. Wiring from the head unit was not too difficult, I visited an audio shop and they had a wiring harness that fit perfectly for the Koup, so I did not even need to cut the original wires. I was surprised when the guy told me what wiring harness it was though... I do not remember 100% for sure, but I think it was a GM or a Volks harness that happened to fit perfectly.

I do get a lot of rattling from the sub indeed. It is not too noticeable from the inside, but outside the car people hear it, especially the trunk rattling... I'll have to reinforce/soundproof it somehow.

·
Registered
973 Posts
beautiful job, the sway/roll bars are what I'm the most jealous of, other than those wheels!
seriously, gorgeous car; ride of the month vote from me guaranteed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone I appreciate your comments. I got many ideas for the mods on this forum. I hope I gave some of you good ideas as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts