Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys miss their old engine?

With the 100+ temperature we've had for the last 2 weeks, A/C is always on and the 4-banger mill just can't seem to keep up. And even when I turn it off, it still feels very slow.. the warm weather probably doesn't help, but still...

My last car had a more powerful V6.. you wouldnt feel a change when you put the A/C on, and it pulled harder of course...

Anyone in the same boat?

I love my Forte, but I wish it had atleast like 50 extra hp...

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Any of you guys miss their old engine?

With the 100+ temperature we've had for the last 2 weeks, A/C is always on and the 4-banger mill just can't seem to keep up. And even when I turn it off, it still feels very slow.. the warm weather probably doesn't help, but still...

My last car had a more powerful V6.. you wouldnt feel a change when you put the A/C on, and it pulled harder of course...

Anyone in the same boat?

I love my Forte, but I wish it had atleast like 50 extra hp...
I agree on the little extra HP!!! If you put a CAI it feel better and since you want to hear it you just shut the AC and open the roof and windows!
My old 99Cougar V6 has an auto AC and hate it because you could feel at hyway speed when the compressor kick in!!!

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
My last car was an SRT-4. The only thing I miss about it was the turbo...

·
Registered
585 Posts
My last car was a Chevy Cobalt SS - talk about fast....it was extremely fast...
I just couldnt stand the crappy cheap interior...it didn't hold up well over time....I traded it in for the Forte...which is a much better looking car. But I do miss that blinding turbo speed...GM nailed that engine right on the money.

·
Registered
973 Posts
i do miss my last car that actually ran well sometimes: isuzu trooper
4wd is a great thing to have, and that 6 cyl would pull up anything lol
but at least this 4 cylinder can pull well in low end as well, thanks to the cvvt, unlike my mazda lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I miss really really miss my turbo car.. it was a 2.0 too

·
Registered
53 Posts
I enjoy my 2.0 Koup, but i miss my 2.5l Kia Sorento TDI, massive torgue was always on tap at higher speeds.....regarding the A/C i was in Dubai a few years ago and only found big cars there, when i asked the taxi driver why it was so, he said smaller engines can't perform under those conditions, a/c wise

·
Registered
453 Posts
yeah i miss my 371hp cammed/stage 3 heads LT4 but not the cost of gas. about 80 bucks a week to maybe 30-32 bucks now

·
Registered
248 Posts
I miss my Grand Prix GTP. 3.8L supercharger.......that thing had some balls.......quite a down-grade engine-wise, but my Koup is much better on gas - 1)don't gotta buy premium 2)smaller tank 3)better mileage......doesn't have the power the GTP did, but it's my fave car out of the ones I've owned

·
Registered
47 Posts
I soooooooooooooo don't miss my pontiac vibe and its anemic 127 hp engine!!!!

My SX koup runs fine with the ac on ... never really driven it much with the ac off yet since i just got it. You wanna talk about under powered turn the ac on when u only have 127hp!!!!!

To maximize your ac efficiency turn it to vent on the dash only and put on recirculate and turn temp to LO if u have auto climate. Then it should pump out tones of cold air an kool very quick and u won't have use the AC on high.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To maximize your ac efficiency turn it to vent on the dash only and put on recirculate and turn temp to LO if u have auto climate. Then it should pump out tones of cold air an kool very quick and u won't have use the AC on high.
On high or not, the compressor starts running when you turn on the A/C and it rubs power from the engine and makes the car feel like a civic CX. :mad:

I guess i'll have to get used to it... :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you need some extra power with air on (like on an on ramp) hit the air button (kills compressor) once your in lane and up to speed hit the air button again to put the air back on....I call it my air turbo.:) cheers!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea I'm only on my second car but I don't miss my '01 civic. I got my forte, and no it's not a race car, but I was thrilled by the upgrade in the engine and clutch

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you need some extra power with air on (like on an on ramp) hit the air button (kills compressor) once your in lane and up to speed hit the air button again to put the air back on....I call it my air turbo.:) cheers!
That's exactly what I do.. :p

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
i miss my 1990 honda civic hatch 1.6 vtec with no a/c :) not to mention no air bags...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a Supercharged MINI Cooper S Before this... With a nice amount of work done engine wise... 200+ down at the wheels, in such a small car... It HAULED!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I had a 01 Celica GT before this. Bought it used and after I had fixed all the crappy things the last driver had done to it (it was a leased vehicle) it ran like a dream. Never once broke down on me. Was a little light on the HP but I compensated by adding a stage 2 clutch, CAI, and high flow CAT+exhaust. It could get up and go near the end. It also had the problem of no HP when AC was on, I haven't noticed that with my Koup though. In the end, yeah I miss it, more I miss the no payments on it, too bad it didn't stand up well in accidents Celica GT vs Ford Explorer = NO.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.