Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I don't there are many options out there, and they are expensive.
What is your budget?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
How off is your speedometer? for now, your only option is korean companies. not that know, and around $1200. there were rumors that Tein is coming up with coil-overs for the koup.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks like they're 16's, maybe 17's. They look very small because the car isn't lowered at all.

What size is that 14? 13?
Tein is in progress on making coilovers for the Forte. If I could remember correctly, the release date according to Tein is sometime in August.

How off is your speedometer? for now, your only option is korean companies. not that know, and around $1200. there were rumors that Tein is coming up with coil-overs for the koup.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like they're 16's, maybe 17's. They look very small because the car isn't lowered at all.

Tein is in progress on making coilovers for the Forte. If I could remember correctly, the release date according to Tein is sometime in August.
my speedometer is not off i aligned them and balanced and did everything proper even changed the tpms from the stockies into them which is a must btw
and i ordered springs for the time being i just have to wait for them be here on tues pics up when they come

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm assuming Eibach?

I currnetly have Eibach on my car, and I also have 17's, but im running 50 series tire, not 40.

I have 215-50-17 on my wheels. From my picture thread you can get a basic idea what your car is going to look like. You are going to have more of a gap between the wheels well and tire, but because you are running a smaller series tire.

my speedometer is not off i aligned them and balanced and did everything proper even changed the tpms from the stockies into them which is a must btw
and i ordered springs for the time being i just have to wait for them be here on tues pics up when they come

·
Registered
88 Posts
It is because shops don't want the lability in case one of your tires fails on you. I've seen first handed people just normal driving, but take a corner going just a tad to fast and the tire fall of the bead.

205/40/17 which was very hard to find a shop around me to install them

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm assuming Eibach?

I currnetly have Eibach on my car, and I also have 17's, but im running 50 series tire, not 40.

I have 215-50-17 on my wheels. From my picture thread you can get a basic idea what your car is going to look like. You are going to have more of a gap between the wheels well and tire, but because you are running a smaller series tire.
im dropping the car very soon about 3 inches if possible

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is because shops don't want the lability in case one of your tires fails on you. I've seen first handed people just normal driving, but take a corner going just a tad to fast and the tire fall of the bead.
you need to be careful when you are running stretch no bumps no chirping no hard corners just straight cruising

·
Registered
88 Posts
A spring with a 3 inch drop?
Brand? Website?
A 3 inch drop without aftermarket struts? :eek:
Your struts are going to blow on you real fast.
im dropping the car very soon about 3 inches if possible

Its about a 1 1/2 to a 1 3/4 drop.
I can send you the link to my thread so you can get an idea. Eibachs springs don't give more than 2. 2 is probably max, and still high for Eibachs.
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/f...ion/6833-finally-some-pictures-my-koup-2.html
epiic how low did the springs get you? i ordered the same ones
That's what I am trying to say to the OP.
you need to be careful when you are running stretch no bumps no chirping no hard corners just straight cruising

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A spring with a 3 inch drop?

Brand? Website?

A 3 inch drop without aftermarket struts? :eek:

Your struts are going to blow on you real fast.
i know you guys are going to get on me real fast but im thinking on letting them settle then cutting no more than 2 coils off but only if i find stuts and shocks and everything performance to do it

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 37 Posts