Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possibly mentioned in previous threads my searching isn't yielding much luck. I'm using a Spectre SRI mod from the stock intake. I've noticed, since installing it, the lag(in second gear) constantly talked about feels like its getting worse. I'm wondering 2 things about the Turbokits Cai. (I know its much better anyway)

1) From the people who have upgraded from stock sri mod to TK's CAI notice any difference in power, aside from Dyno readouts? And will it fix the aforementioned second gear lag?

2) Is there any real difference between the black label for $279, and the alluminum one for $249, aside from a sticker? IS the black insulated and the alluminum version insulation needs to be bought/applied separately?

3) Possibly throw in a Pre-filter Wrap from AEM??? ;) I'll be your best friend!!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The full CAI is throatier from what I've heard. And it seems to fix the lag. I don't have it so I can't say for sure.

The only difference is a sticker and that it's black. No insulation. Just black paint.

Shoot TuboKits.com a PM, they respond fairly quickly.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I will say that with my MRI, there's really no more lag in 2nd, at least not noticeable. I'd imagine any CAI would feel the same, it kinda wakes the car up some, very nicely.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts