Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might I say that for some reason the interior has grown smaller... But I LOVE paddle shifters!!!! The push button start is something that we can all live without though!!!! D: And the ride was about the same... acceleration... all the same, all that was really changed was all cosmetic stuff. The side mirror indicators that are a little LED strips instead of a huge bulbs with the huge lens covers.... Oh and not to mention the HUMONGOUS touch screen!!!!! And man oh man, the touch screen in that thing is AMAZING! I don't think there is a transfer complete message (I didn't hear one)... Man...That thing was fully loaded!!! Oh and as a lil joke at the dealership... they got rims that say FORTE on them... Yes there is a brand of rim that is called Forte.... LOL. The rims looked gawd awful though! They said they copied my red lip style and got those rims because they KNEW it would look good! Man, even dealerships are coping my style... Lmao..

So things that changed:

Paddle Shifters
HUMONGOUS Touch Screen (with sat nav)
Different gear shifter look
Side Mirror indicators
Push Button Start

BUT might I say... there is a certain feeling I get, knowing I had the original. Of course... ALL of you guys know what I mean! :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
The only thing I would really want is that UVO system with the touchscreen, and the no "transfer complete" message that always pops up! lol other than that, you are right, there is just something about being the original ;)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next time I head in I'll talk with them about it... My service guys seems determined to prove that there is an OEM CAI. I keep telling him no! Lol, but anything else I should ask them when I go? Lololol

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
are the parts from the 2011 compatible with the 2010 model.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I know.. I don't think the UVO system is compatible.. But the touch screen might be... Thats a MAYBE. I'm ordering the side mirrors, b/c they look sleeker. So those are def compatible. But other than that, I'll ask my service guy about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm waiting on the luxury edition 2011... it supposely has upgraded interior and rear LED lights as well as the nav.. which is a must have for me..I got a pre approval on one but when it came down to signing the papers they tell me that I wouldnt get it until early January at the ealiest... So i told them i'll be back when they get them in :D

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
kia does offer CAI for our cars but it runs about 400 dollars. its not any list of parts but i bet if you ask them they'd sell you one. giant rip off :)
nice write review fas. i wonder when i will start to see some 2011 around the dealership :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'd LOVE pushbutton start. Now they need to replace keyless entry with 'smart entry' and all you need to do is keep your fob with you. No fumbling with keys or remotes, just keep it in your pocket and go.

The mirrors don't bother me, and lord knows I don't want paddle shifters.

What did the wheels look like? Are they SX sedan wheels?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'd LOVE pushbutton start. Now they need to replace keyless entry with 'smart entry' and all you need to do is keep your fob with you. No fumbling with keys or remotes, just keep it in your pocket and go.

From my info the wheels stayed the same.

And the SX luxury version (think SX with nav and paddle shifters) has the smart key to go with the push button start because, of course, a push button start would be useless if you have to put a key in first.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Do you have to use the fob to unlock the car, or is there a command button on the outside door handle? My realtor's Murano recognizes the fob (in her purse) when she approaches the car and all she has to do is push the little command button on the driver's door handle, and the car unlocks. That's what I would love to have.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Do you have to use the fob to unlock the car, or is there a command button on the outside door handle? My realtor's Murano recognizes the fob (in her purse) when she approaches the car and all she has to do is push the little command button on the driver's door handle, and the car unlocks. That's what I would love to have.
From what i hear...yep. Just walk up and unlock. I imagine that would be the hardest thing to retrofit to our 2010's besides paddle shifters.

Also all 2011's get fog lights...even the EX. And maybe even the LX sedan (not too sure)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^ Yes, let's get enough money for all of us to get matching 2011 Koups. :D I'll go rent a Cadillac CTS-V for the job (the fastest sedan in the world according to Cadillac...) LOL

I had a prius before with a push button start. I liked the convenience, but whenever I got my koup, I loved having a key to hold! Lol.

And yeah the OEM wheels were the SX sedan wheels, but the dealership had some aftermarket Forte rims on them.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
BUT might I say... there is a certain feeling I get, knowing I had the original. Of course... ALL of you guys know what I mean! :D
I couldn't agree more, fas93. Collectively, we fueled this movement for Kia. I'm EXTREMELY proud of my car and all the extra parts & mods, details, love & attention that went into it and wouldn't even consider trading it for a new one (not even straight up). For once, I'm happy & content with my ride (but I still want a few more mods-lol).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts