Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you know where I can get a direct fit (bolt on) 200 spun cell cat for under 200 dollars?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Do any of you know where I can get a direct fit (bolt on) 200 spun cell cat for under 200 dollars?
What would be the point of this? If you're going to upgrade the exhaust you might as well go whole hog.

If you want you might as well get some extra 2" pipe, flanges and an exhaust shop will put it all together for you. The issue next is it'll take some playing around with to not throw a CEL.

TK and Solo offer HFCs with their catbacks. Solo's is a few bucks cheaper with free ship. So in theory both should bolt in place of your OE cat. The issue now is again the CEL. Both cats have been tested with the flow of their exhausts. Throwing a HFC on the stock exhaust may not give a correct reading.

It'll be unlikely you can get a quality HFC for under 200. HFC use more material than standard cats to get better flow and still meet emissions.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i AM going full exhaust, but I dont want to buy Solo's HFC for 250 dollars. Im trying to piece a system together.

The stock piping is 2" right? I want to buy something that will bolt on but I dont want to pay 250....

·
Registered
695 Posts
yeah the solo cat will fit on the stock down pipe, and the price is only a small difference compared to some cats you could find online that may fit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I second paying for a complete HFC rather than making your own.

#1 your support vendors that are keeping this forum alive
#2 If there is any issues with your HFC, vendors or manufacturers can take care of its issues.
#3 keep your life simple.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
^^ I agree with not dealing with the piece-together system. What's 50$ when if you come up with a problem, it may cost more to repair. I'm also in the market for an exhaust and am probably going with the SOLO cat back with the HFC.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
ForteSXfan: I'm not exactly sure what your small issue was. Can u explain please?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Is that a common problem after a SOLO exhaust install? Or maybe just a mistake u made during the install? I'm probably going to have an exhaust shop install mine so problems won't arise but I just hope that's not something that's inevitable.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Is that a common problem after a SOLO exhaust install? Or maybe just a mistake u made during the install? I'm probably going to have an exhaust shop install mine so problems won't arise but I just hope that's not something that's inevitable.
Well the end of that thread says he rechecked the connections and the CEL didn't come back.

I never got the CEL when I was testing the HFC.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Alrite thanks tebore! I just need to get some cash and I'll be getting mine! Any recommendations on what type of system to get...I want a nice deep-like tone that's not loud yet when u step on it, u can hear it rly nice but again not that loud. I don't want an ear-catching exhaust. Any suggestions would be a big help if anyone wants to give me some. Thanks. Don't mean to steal the thread lol

·
Registered
695 Posts
yeah sorry didnt mean to worry you ShaksForteSX, just wanted to bring to the forums attention so if I am the first, I can also be the last since everyone is aware.

Also if you lowered your ride getting the mid pipe in requires you to lift the rear wheels.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Not lowered but I prob wont install it myself but it's a possibility. How hard/easy was it? Any welding or cutting involved or strictly unbolting and rebolting? How long did it take?

·
Registered
695 Posts
strickly unbolting and rebolting, used a few diffrent sockets and then the original system comes right off. The new one goes on pretty easly, helps to have someone hold it in place while you fit the pieces together.

Took about an hour or close to two due to cleaning while underneath the car.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
^ thanks man appreciate the help. Really can't wait to get some money and get this thing!

·
Registered
695 Posts
the sound is crazy, really deep and sounds like its ready to go. was on the highway doing 55 and dropped it into 4th and the car just came to life, slammed you back into the seat and just took off. Great product and for the price the quality is amazing.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Is it loud? I'm assuming it has a low deep rumble at idle and then roars when u step on it...how's the loudness cuz I rly don't want it to be too loud. And what is the exact setup u have? How much was it all? Want another question? Haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts