Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been talking to a couple people on the forum and we all think it won't be too hard to do it and not too expensive. I just wanted to get it more "out there" for more info and opinions. I have TK's cat back and am looking to branch off of it and get some piping to the left side to pull off the dual exhaust. I don't really mind if i lose performance since I am mainly going for looks with this but can anyone provide any details, info, opinions on the procedure? Thanks and I hope to do this soon!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Someone already did it. Look through recent posts, they just posted about getting dual exhaust last week some time. :]

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea its dePR, ive been talking to him and he told me all about his. Just wanted anyone with some knowledge about it to chime in. Got some time before i do it so mine as well start a thread and get some more info before i get it done.

2,213 Posts
youre gonna need new mufflers, like the round magnaflow ones so you might as well take off the tk exhaust and sell it. then just route a pipe to the driver side and pop a new muffler over there. shouldnt be too hard. probably lose a few hp cause now youre creating unequal back pressure

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You dont think they can branch it off of the TK system? basically get 2 magnaflows, 2 pairs of exhaust tips and bring it to a shop and they should do it? I had a fkn magnaflow on there already...coulda just added one and saved a shit load of money lol. Im using the money im getting for my wheels to do this so I hope its not too expensive.

·
Registered
916 Posts
No offense but IMO dual exhaust on anything except a v8 looks Ricey, not good or purposeful, with the exception of v6 cars that come stock with it ithonk your hard earned money could do more elsewhere in terms of looks

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
i want to go to dual exhaust also..mainly for looks as well ShaksForteSX, but i dont want to make the driver side diffuser look like crap cutting into it for the other exhaust exit.

what size pipe do you think? stay stock size? and what do you plan on doing for the driver side diffuser? just cut it?
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/member.php?u=1232

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offense but IMO dual exhaust on anything except a v8 looks Ricey, not good or purposeful, with the exception of v6 cars that come stock with it ithonk your hard earned money could do more elsewhere in terms of looks
I respect your opinion but please tell me how else i can send my hard earned money. I have everything i want basically and the dual outlets looks sick IMO. Im just asking cuz im interested in hearing something i can do that would be worth doing instead of this?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i want to go to dual exhaust also..mainly for looks as well ShaksForteSX, but i dont want to make the driver side diffuser look like crap cutting into it for the other exhaust exit.

what size pipe do you think? stay stock size? and what do you plan on doing for the driver side diffuser? just cut it?
Yea it would definitely have to be cut and i would get another pair of the TK burnt tips probably.

Reactions: Pancho

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well, since you ask, how come you're not buying the wheels ?
One thing I wanted to do to mine but don't have the money for yet is carbon fiber vinyl wrap the( what would be called on your Koup) rear diffuser, if I was behind a car id think it looked cool , and if it's possible to do so I will eventually have it done, I mean This all nicely ;)
Now that I said it I want to do even more and may catch shit for it too

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, since you ask, how come you're not buying the wheels ?
One thing I wanted to do to mine but don't have the money for yet is carbon fiber vinyl wrap the( what would be called on your Koup) rear diffuser, if I was behind a car id think it looked cool , and if it's possible to do so I will eventually have it done, I mean This all nicely ;)
Now that I said it I want to do even more and may catch shit for it too
I bought wheels man! I have them on and made a thread about them. Carbon fiber is a HELLL NO on my koup lol so...not many suggestions sir lol just hating on the dual exhaust. I have everything done to my koup that i want and your suggestions were no bueno

·
Registered
916 Posts
+ you already have a cool exhaust system, but if I was gonna do dual outlets I'd sell the TK and run 2 1/2 through and have a y branch down into 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 each side coupled to your choice smaller mufflers. That way you still have decent backpressure all the way through to release, I may be wrong though as I'm not an exhaust expert

·
Registered
916 Posts
Oh, I must of missed em, I just looked at 1 pic in your garage, not hatin, just my opinion as for performance mods go I'm all about function first, than looks, hence 1000 up Supras run 1 pipe, and most 4 bangers have no need for 2, but different strokes for different folks I'll butt outta your thread now :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
+ you already have a cool exhaust system, but if I was gonna do dual outlets I'd sell the TK and run 2 1/2 through and have a y branch down into 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 each side coupled to your choice smaller mufflers. That way you still have decent backpressure all the way through to release, I may be wrong though as I'm not an exhaust expert
Yea man thats what it looks like im gunna do. Im probably gunna be selling my TK exhaust and do some custom work under there with 2 maganflows. I have Enkei EKM3's that i just put on last week

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks man appreciate it. Im really hoping to get this dual setup and if i do then ill be sure to post a video of it for all to admire :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Korean Auto Imports

7ism makes a quad exhaust, pricey, but looks sooo good. I would definetly look into it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea I've seen that before but it's way out of my price range. I'm not looking for anything crazy. Just a nice sounding system with the dual outlets. I don't really care about the performance gains or reduction but thanks for the input!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts