Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am a new forte koup sx owner. I got the bright silver with the sunroof and down here in Texas i payed $17,000 before TTL. After researching different cars for over 6 months I decided to go with the forte koup and i have not regretted it. It looks and feels better than the other cars i was looking at...the Scion tC and the Civic si. Plus....its less expensive. :D The only things im not liking about the car so far are:

1. I keep stalling it. But i think i might try the throttle mod sometime or just get use to it.

2. The gas mileage ive gotten so far is around 20 mpg?? Not sure why, because ive been driving mostly highway. Could it be because i just got the car 4 days ago??

3. And....if anybody could tell me why this is....i had smoke coming from the engine the day after i bought it and some weird smells too. Maybe they cleaned it with something and the smell was it burning off...not sure :confused:

Thanks for any help with this and again....Hi Everyone!! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah hopefully its nothing too bad. I live in Arlington....close to where they just built the new Cowboys stadium.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i remember when i picked up my koup-
no smoke- but definately a "funny" smell--i am guessing that its all the stuff that i am guessing might have been on the parts of the engine compartment burning off-
i dont remember how long it took for that funny smell to go away- but 2months later- its gone.

the stalling- lol- after picking up the keys from the dealer- i stalled 3x on the lot before even making it to the main roadway and can't tell you how many times i stalled when i got caught in 3 miles of bumper to bumper rush hour traffic on the way home.

now- i stall every now and again- mainly when my mind is distracted while parking doh!!

as far as the MPG goes-
i'd say its too short of a time to trust the computer-
also- you say most driving is done on the highway-
however- it doesnt take much stop n go traffic to whittle away at that MPG number-
not to mention- if you like to turn the car on to sit and listen to the engine purr :)

i am sure you are gonna find the car more enjoyable soon than you imagined- and from what i've seen- pretty big forte crowd in texas

·
Registered
161 Posts
Reppin' Austin right here. The MPG meter resets every time you put gas in the car so depending on how often you put gas in, you're getting pretty much instantaneous MPG so like mentioned above a little stop and go will hurt. I don't like the fact that it resets when I put gas in. Never had a car do that.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
throttle mod is epic. i stalled like twice a day before i did the mod but i did it because i like my punk and metal faily loud and could hear the engine and i went from my s10 4.3 vortec to the 2.4 dohc... kinda hard to stall my truck but hey i love my car. i never had any smells and i had the tk cai on and it was awesome till all this damn rain in florida so im running stock now... big difference

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah the throttle mod looks like something I want to do....now if i can only make time...(the fiance takes most of it). I didnt know about the MPG counter resetting every time i put gas in it. That's good to know cause I just filled up since getting the car and it was at 21 mpg. I'll tell you what....i dont know what they put in the car when you get it, but the better Shell gas seems to give it more power. Hopefully that funny smell goes away soon cause its ruining the new car smell. :mad:

I have only seen 1 forte koup in my area so far, so thats kinda nice. Especially when i pull up next to a civic and the driver just stares at my car. :D jealousy?!?

Thank you all for helping answer my questions! Its a big help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts