Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. What effect does ECU&CAI have?
I want to know about the effects.
Please Let me know!

2. where is it possible to buy?

·
Registered
312 Posts
ECU... as in, engine contol unit? CAI, plain and simple, are inferior to there short-ram cousin. Volumetric efficiency is the name of the game for horsepower and CAI can't provide enough flow as a short-ram intake.

CAI, get it at turbokits.com

I don't know any company that makes short-ram intakes for the Forte. But all you have to do is remove the air box from the car, and keep the oem intake pipe thats connected to the throttle body. Throw any type of filter cone on the end of the intake pipe, and your done.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ECU... as in, engine contol unit? CAI, plain and simple, are inferior to there short-ram cousin. Volumetric efficiency is the name of the game for horsepower and CAI can't provide enough flow as a short-ram intake.

CAI, get it at turbokits.com

I don't know any company that makes short-ram intakes for the Forte. But all you have to do is remove the air box from the car, and keep the oem intake pipe thats connected to the throttle body. Throw any type of filter cone on the end of the intake pipe, and your done.
i heard that..
short ram= better for low end RPM,(automatics should get this)
CA= better for mid and high end RPM

·
Registered
733 Posts
Or get the best of both worlds and combined them lol, i love the set up i got XD

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
1. The effect of the CAI is it turns peoples heads due to the awesome sound it outputs. :)
2. turbokits.com for a quality CAI with great CS support

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
CAI, plain and simple, are inferior to there short-ram cousin. Volumetric efficiency is the name of the game for horsepower and CAI can't provide enough flow as a short-ram intake.
I don't agree with this statement at all. A CAI draws in cooler air from outside of the engine bay. Cooler air is more dense. 1 cubic inch of cool air is going to have a lot more oxygen to burn in it than 1 cubic inch of warm air from inside the engine bay.

Unless the CAI has ridiculous bends in it you have better "volumetric efficiency" as there is more oxygen in the air being drawn in providing better combustion.

Plus the name SRI gives a false sense of what it is doing. You arne't "ramming" air into the engine. You are merely sucking in warm ambient engine bay air. Now if you provided a ducts from the front bumper to dump into the from of a shortened intake then you may be able to achieve relatively the same efficency.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts