Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like my Forte. It was my pick of all of the compact and midsize sedans. I almost didn't consider it as Kia wasn't on my radar at the time.

Had I not bought the Forte I probably would have purchased a Volkswagen Jetta for it's slightly larger size. I also closely looked at Elantra, but couldn't warm to the Zorro-like Z on it's flanks.

How about you?

·
Registered
2023 Forte GT 6 speed manual Sporty Blue
69 Posts
When I started looking at a new car purchase, I considered the Civic SI, VW GLI, Audi S3, and the Forte GT (which I knew nothing about until I read a very positive article about it). After some research and a few test drives, it was clear that for the money, the GT was my choice.

The GLI was my second choice.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
977 Posts
I actually wouldn't have a Forte if Hyundai hadn't stupidly cancelled the Elantra GT N-Line after 2020. I LOVED that car, but by the time it was actually time to buy, it was gone. I love hatchback practicality, loved the way that car looked and drove, and wish I had the change to get it instead. That being said, I do like my Forte, and I'm happy it was an option. Besides those two cars, I might have ended up with a Veloster (maybe?) or more likely, another older Volvo (I love old Volvo wagons and seem to be really good at collecting them).

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
841 Posts
A 3.6 liter powered Dodge Charger. I don't need a hemi. Too much of a pain to work on. Maybe a Scat Pack, but I don't need anything that fast.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I was shopping around I was looking at mostly the Toyota Corolla. That was last year, but now the Ford Maverick Hybrid is very tempting, I keep going back and forth. Having something with a bed and that can tow a small boat is nice, considering it’s not too much more expensive than my Forte. I do love my car, and I am worried if I trade it in I will miss it too much! Though the new Honda Civic Hatchbacks are fantastic looking as well, I wish Kia kept the Forte 5 Hatchback around in the states, I would of been a buyer.

·
Premium Member
2022 Forte GT Manual
69 Posts
I really like my Forte. It was my pick of all of the compact and midsize sedans. I almost didn't consider it as Kia wasn't on my radar at the time.

Had I not bought the Forte I probably would have purchased a Volkswagen Jetta for it's slightly larger size. I also closely looked at Elantra, but couldn't warm to the Zorro-like Z on it's flanks.

How about you?
I had a 2013 Elantra that was great for 7 years. Looked at the new Elantra before the GT and like you, I couldn’t get passed the looks. The triangles everywhere is ugly.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I bought it out of desperation when I totaled my Camry... I needed a fairly low cost car that gets fair mileage and can get to 150k miles in 4 years or less. it actually bothers me that I will have to part with this car in 4 years. If my commute wasn’t such a big part of my life and reliability was not important at all. I would get a used Giulia.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
977 Posts
I bought it out of desperation when I totaled my Camry... I needed a fairly low cost car that gets fair mileage and can get to 150k miles in 4 years or less. it actually bothers me that I will have to part with this car in 4 years. If my commute wasn’t such a big part of my life and reliability was not important at all. I would get a used Giulia.
Why are you getting rid of the car in 4 years?

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
977 Posts
Mileage mainly... by year 4 the car will have around 150k.. I have been good at keeping the mileage down, a tad over 6 months and only 15,000 miles....
Racking them up I see. I'd see how reliable it's been once you hit that milestone (no pun intended) - if it's been nothing but reliable and still in good shape, why not keep it longer?

·
Registered
2022 Forte GT2
10 Posts

How about you?
I had a 22 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring on reserve before I bought the Forte GT2.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Never expected to buy or even interested in a Kia.

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8L V6 RSpec manual. Red or silver/grey

2013, 2015 Hyundai Veloster manual, red, blue or silver/grey.

2007 thru 2012 Jeep liberty sport Renegade trail rated/4x4. Red, blue, silver/grey.

Dodge nitro red, blue, silver/grey.

Subaru blob eye, hawk eye, bug eye.
Subaru outback

Mitsubishi Evo X

1 - 14 of 14 Posts