Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed my SX on Saturday but they didn't have any SX's on the lot so they told me that they will have it in by Wednesday.

They called my dad yesterday, telling us that they located my car and that things should go as planned. Today, I'm so excited I wake up at 6am and can't go back to sleep, die of boredom in classes and when I get home, my dad tells me that the car wont be ready until Monday.

:mad:

Is there some kind of protocol that dealers cannot sell cars on Saturday? Because they said that the car will be in by Friday but they can't make a sale on Saturdays.... So we'll have to pick it up Monday.

I wish I could make my dad make them pay us our half-deposit and go to another dealers and get our car in the next 24 hours, but my dad doesn't even seem too concerned. I'm livid and straight up pissed.

I can't even pick up the car on Monday because I have classes from morning to night, so I'll have to settle for Tuesday. That's one day short of another week that I have to wait to get this car that I already paid for.

:(

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
yeah thats crap.. I had to wait for my money and I picked my car up on a saturday around noon..
I'm thinking something is a little strange here
so inless its something to do with the bank but even then most banks are open on sat tell atleast twelve o'clock I'd call about this.

I'd be way mad too I feel for you thou cause I had to wait a few extra days more then I planed due to money etc.. finally on saturday all came together

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
patience is a virtue :)
haha you'll have the car and you'll love it! waiting for it is just gunna make tuesday that much better. good luck and keep us posted

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
signed for the car that they wanted on saturday but they didnt have any sx's with whatever extras on the lot but said that they would on Wednesday.... pretty clear to me

·
Registered
139 Posts
That sucks. I hate waiting for things.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sorry to hear abouth this, mine was picked up the same day in and out of a saturday, i think that the dealer is pulling you leg about the sat thing.
But the car is worth the wait
welcome to kia nation !!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
There are some old religious "Blue Laws" still on some state law books that prohibit car sales on Sundays...because they apparently looked at that as a vice like buying alcohol hehe.

Not aware of anything for Saturdays. There may be some NY oddball law out there. May have something to do with the titling/registration. Or something as simple as if they're getting the car Friday, they just want to reserve Saturday to do their prep on it before delivering monday.

Edit: or not since the above poster is also a New Yorker. :) So probably just the wanting time to prep bit. Or the sales manager wants to take saturday off or some such heh. If you've already signed papers, they don't have much incentive to bend over backwards to get your sale. ;) Shouldn't do that until the car you want is there ready for pickup.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Is the op doing any financing through the dealer? Perhaps that dealers bank isn't open on Saturdays. Also could be an issue of pdi's not happening quick enough or not enough or any techs in on Saturdays. All dealers are different.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yea, it's probably a bank problem. Just upset since I've been on the edge ever since Saturday and then I gotta wait another week. :/

And yes, I signed for an SX with my specifications that wasn't there in their lot... so ya.

Also, I wonder if any of you think this might be a little off. I'm talking to people and they were pretty shocked to hear I put $1000 deposit down. When the dealer was asking for a deposit, I expected maybe $200 - $500... but he insisted $1000. And then this whole situation happens where I have another week to wait... Hmm.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They asked me for 500 deposit. I ended up having to wait a week for my car. I finally pick it up on a monday, and the sales guy actually tells me it was in on Friday and forgot to call me. I was a bit pissed I had to wait the weekend to pick up my first new car. I would have been happier if he hadn't told me anything haha.

·
Registered
123 Posts
you said that you signed for your SX on a Saturday
that was the sale , right? the hand shake , the ring the bell BS , so they made the sale on a Saturday and now they don't want you to pickup your car on a Saturday
"Is there some kind of protocol that dealers cannot sell cars on Saturday?:confused: Because they said that the car will be in by Friday:D but they can't make a sale on Saturdays:eek:.... So we'll have to pick it up Monday.":mad:

I call it BULL:D

·
Registered
511 Posts
you said that you signed for your SX on a Saturday
that was the sale , right? the hand shake , the ring the bell BS , so they made the sale on a Saturday and now they don't want you to pickup your car on a Saturday
"Is there some kind of protocol that dealers cannot sell cars on Saturday?:confused: Because they said that the car will be in by Friday:D but they can't make a sale on Saturdays:eek:.... So we'll have to pick it up Monday.":mad:

I call it BULL:D
I think the OP didn't quite state that properly. What was probably meant was that dealer doesn't ALLOW PICKUP of cars on Saturday. When my wife purchased her Hyundai Elantra the dealer also said they didn't do it on Saturdays either. Since delivery on any day except Saturday didn't work for my wife we leaned on them hard and the sales person finally agreed if we came in first thing when the dealership opened on Saturday they would make an exception.

From what I was able to read between the lines was that MOST people would prefer a weekend delivery, and if they allowed that all the salespeople would be tied up with deliveries on the prime selling day of the week. The sales people, sales manager, and owner didn't like that idea.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for clearing that up lleader :)

Yea, there's not much that I can do about the situation now. If I don't have my car in my driveway on Tuesday, there will be problems.

·
Registered
585 Posts
signed for the car that they wanted on saturday but they didnt have any sx's with whatever extras on the lot but said that they would on Wednesday.... pretty clear to me

When I buy a car and 'sign' for it, I am driving home that day with the car I signed for. If the car is not there on the lot for me to take home that day, then I don't sign anything.

·
Registered
644 Posts
When I buy a car and 'sign' for it, I am driving home that day with the car I signed for. If the car is not there on the lot for me to take home that day, then I don't sign anything.
Well if I am correct I believe that she means she signed the credit application and the information release form. I doubt that they have already signed the bill of sale or similar documentation for a lease...

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea i would never sign for anything thats not infront of me ready to drive home that would be pretty dumb and for the money i know its late and you prob already have the car but u could of went back and gotten all of your down payment back and went to get another car people dont know this but any car you buy new or used at any dealorship you have 36 hours and you can take the car back as long as its not been damaged in any way you might loose a restocking fee but yea you can

·
Registered
522 Posts
That sucks you will be very happy when you get to drive it for a long time for the first time. P.s mine was $0 down i think that was funny i thouhgt ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts