Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the import plates that some put on the front bumpers and if so, where did you get them? My car was bought in WV which has a front plate law so I already have the holes in the bumper from the bracket being on it and I hate the look of the holes being there so I wanted to put the bracket back on and get me some kind of customized plate to slap on there.

Quick example: http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/spaceghostvw/chili_005.jpg

I found this site but I dont' want to drop $75 on a plate plus that says they are 20 inches long. Are they all that long??
KOREA EURO STYLE LICENSE PLATE -- EMBOSSED WITH YOUR CUSTOM NUMBER

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
cool, might have to get one of these! how would you mount these? on the lower intake bumper?

·
Registered
444 Posts
This is the site I bought mine from and was pretty cheap. Quick shipping too for something custom. And the standard is 20 inches and it looks fine on the front of the car, looks better then normal plates.

Make a Custom Euro Plate - German License Plates
Hey thanks for the link. I ordered one last night after reading this. I have a genuine one at home but I don't want to ruin it. Plus I got to customize it! I'll post some pics once I get it.
After S&H to Canada it came to just over $50 so a pretty good deal if you ask me!
Thanks again fortesxfan21

·
Registered
695 Posts
Here to help Deuce, as far as mounting, I placed mine over the holes that were already there on the bumper. I was thinking of putting it in the lower grille but it didnt look right to me. Having in line with the grille looks really cool.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Do you guys think a cop would give me shit if I took off my front plate (required in NJ) and put a NJ euro-style plate with my actual license plate number?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Do you guys think a cop would give me shit if I took off my front plate (required in NJ) and put a NJ euro-style plate with my actual license plate number?
When you are driving on the highway and he is sitting there watching oncoming cars with his radar gun...you will stand out like a sore thumb. Same thing when you park somewhere and the meter maids are out giving tickets..so the answer is yep, I think they will ticket you.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
No a cop more than likely won't pull you over because a license plate citation. only reason you'll get cited for having out on is because he pulled you over for speeding or some other reason. Then he'll nail you for it. I never got pulled over for it and I've had mine on for like 8 months. But I did get pulled over for speeding and he cited me for my plate. Ive never paid for that part of the ticket because the courts usually drop that charge if you take it off and bring a picture of your state plates on :) just don't give them a reason to pull you over :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
So I finally got my plate in the mail today, but I can't figure out how to mount it in my lower grill without drilling holes. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Deuce

1 - 11 of 11 Posts