Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Ok so I've had my car aligned 6 times now! and my car pulls to the right NO MATTER WHAT. I even purchased all new tires TWICE thinking it was the tires pulling and NO luck.
Somebody look at my spec sheet I attached and tell me WTF could be making my car pull to the right. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was going to go to Firestone for my alignment, but they told me they would put the alignment back to stock specs, which I'm guessing they are doing for you?? I ended up taking mine to a shop that does custom work. They measured the drop, and alignment my suspension based on the new springs and suspension. Maybe that could be the problem??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car drove perfect before the drop and even after the drop with the stock wheels and rims. However having 2 sets of tires and 4 balances plus 6 alignments should fix it I should think

·
Registered
2 Posts
if your toe is off in the rear it will affect the way your car drifts or pulls. because your RR wheel is toe'd in and your LR tire is toe'd out, its having the rear come out to the left and making the car go right. have your rear toe fixed

·
Registered
746 Posts
not all alignment shops will do sas reset. if its not liusted on youre receipt, then it was not done . kia dealer will hook it up to gds.

if rear beam is out, talk to kia dealer to see if its on warranty. maybe, kia has shims for it now.

·
Registered
511 Posts
did you have sas reset after alignment?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the SAS is only on cars with electric power steering. My SX Koup has hydraulic power steering, so I'm assuming it doesn't have a SAS. I don't know what determines which cars get electric and which get hydraulic - is it an engine size thing or a sedan/koup thing?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Car drove perfect before the drop and even after the drop with the stock wheels and rims. However having 2 sets of tires and 4 balances plus 6 alignments should fix it I should think
So, if 'after' the drop and with stock wheels it drove perfect - then you put in aftermarket wheels and it would not track straight anymore? Can you put back the stock wheels to see what happens? Sadly, throwing money and time at it has not fixed the problem, and unfortunately you are on new ground here because there is not much 'technical' aftermarket experience for this car yet. I had a similiar problem with a Jaguar xj6 a couple of years ago [talk about a nightmare to get a wheel alignment] - I put some aftermarket tires and rims and it just didnt seem right [it pulled to the right] - finally after I was tired of trying to make it right I wound up biting the bullet and brought it back to stock, and that fixed it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So then if I turn the esc off and the sas hasn't been reset then the pull should change? Correct assumption?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ah ha!!!!!! Somebody else that has the problem I've had for a couple months now. I posted on the several times a little while back. I had three alignments since I dropped my car. One by Firestone, one by a reputable locale garage around here, and one by the dealership. Everyone had a different explanation as to why my car is pulling hard to the right and all of them did what they thought would fix it. Of course nothing worked and I have just learned to live with it. My car drove perfect before the drop with new 18's and tires and like shit since, so it was not anything to do with rims or tires. The ride is nice if you don't mind fighting the wheel. I think after the winter, maybe springtime, I may put the stock springs back in and sell the Eibach's. I will sacrifice a sweet ass look but I'd rather not have to fight the wheel, especially on long drives. My only fear is that after I put back in the stock springs the car will still pull to the right. If that happens I will just put a brick on the pedal and head for the nearest bridge. So while I feel your pain on this issue I am glad I am not the only one because until I came across this thread here I was alone.

Jim

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well this is a suggestion cause I had a problem after I bought my rims and it was fixed. Since you havea after market rim they have to be pretty universal you might need something called a hub ring which allows your rim to be centered properly over the hub or else it kinda goes off centered because the one on the forte is small. Right after I bought my wheels my car started pulling to the right and would vibrate above 65 so I took it in thinking they weren't balanced right and they explained to me what the problem was and installed the rings and it was good as new. Maybe this might work for you

·
Registered
532 Posts
They said they were like 15 dollars which is alot cheaper than blowing money on alignments but who knows how it will be if you fix the rim issue your alignment might be thrown off from previous attempts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hub rings are already installed. At this point my hunch is that camber affects our lowered cars more than we think. It may be putting more rubber on the road on the right side than the left. I'm gonna adjust my camber to be completely equal and then report on what happens

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well this is a suggestion cause I had a problem after I bought my rims and it was fixed. Since you havea after market rim they have to be pretty universal you might need something called a hub ring which allows your rim to be centered properly over the hub or else it kinda goes off centered because the one on the forte is small. Right after I bought my wheels my car started pulling to the right and would vibrate above 65 so I took it in thinking they weren't balanced right and they explained to me what the problem was and installed the rings and it was good as new. Maybe this might work for you
My car has rings inserted inside the rim if that's what you are referring to. I believe the inserts came with the bolt kit that came along with my rims and tires. So, while I appreciate your ideas regarding this my tire is centered and is not the cause of the pull. It is because of the lowering springs. Others have had no issues with the lowering but for some reason my car and jealouslover's car has.

My car is supposedly 'aligned' properly, meaning that at dead center (12 o'clock) my car WILL drive straight, and it does. However, as soon as you let go of the wheel is pull abnormally to the right. I was told by a young guy at the dealership that this is not how you gauge if your alignment is correct or not, which makes sense. He told me if at 12 o'clock you car drives straight, it is aligned correctly. He told me the car wants to pull more to the right than normal is because of the vertical / \ and horizontal / \ alignment of the wheels (which is tow and camber I don't remember) can only be adjusted so much.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Exactly! Hold the wheel at 12 and it's perfect. Something pulls the steering wheel to the right. Esc on or off doesn't matter. I can only assume that there's more tire on the ground on the right vs left

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey everyone. Ok so I've had my car aligned 6 times now! and my car pulls to the right NO MATTER WHAT. I even purchased all new tires TWICE thinking it was the tires pulling and NO luck.
Somebody look at my spec sheet I attached and tell me WTF could be making my car pull to the right. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
samething with mine!...I just gone in a more specialied place (not canadian tire! lol)...and they did a correct alignment on my car!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts