Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been getting my car to a 100% percent hand car wash in a town near where I live, which is situated in a mall. Now, every time I get my car there, a lot of people comment about the beauty of the forte koup. Today, one person in a BMW stopped and told the owner of the car wash, "WOW, that car looks so good" Since I am a regular customer he said, yeah that's our baby here we take good care of it.

Every time I get my car there, which is every week he comes to tell me how many people stopped to stare at the car and tell him how good it looks. He jokingly tells them, that's my car.

I mean I love the attention my car is getting, I guess people never thought a KIA could look so good.

Do you have any story?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
im sure we all have this happen but i work in the richest part of san antonio and if you llive here, and idt any1 on here does, its the stone oak area. anyways, ive had several times when guys are driving totally decked out audis or bmws or mercedes crank their heads to see what im driving. but my story is it was later in the day and i was getting back from my "lunch break" from work and i parked my car in front of the store and a guy was lookin at my car and when i got out, he asked me if my car was European and that he's never seen something like this out on the road, which made me feel good cuz there are a lot of ppl that say its a civic knock off or a scion knock off and i dont see it. maybe some similiarities but not a knock off. but anyways that my story haha

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I am starting to get used to people driving up beside me and matching my speed then back a little then drive up to just ahead of me then back off a little to keep looking at the car from all sides. Felt very strange first few times when people did that. The best story was when the guy chased me for 30 blocks to get a good look at it and see what kind of car it was. If I had known what he wanted I would have pulled over for a sec, instead of almost causing an accident. Lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, i know the feeling, when someone gets ahead of you and the turn their head in such a creepy way just staring at the car, my wife and I just laugh, and then worry about them getting into a car accident because of that.

I have had my coworkers go like man, that is the best looking car I have seen this year.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I've heard a lot of "THAT'S a Kia?!" and "beautiful!". My only good story was when I was at Harvey's having lunch with a couple friends. We sat by the window looking out on the parking lot (so I could keep an eye on my baby) and we counted 8 different people that stopped to try to figure out what kind of car it was (no Kia emblems left) in the 1/2 hour that we were there. My favorite was an old man in a yellow coat that stopped 3 total strangers and asked them if they knew what it was. Each time someone got really close I hit the door lock button on my key fob so the car would beep and scare the person.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hah, yeah my mother's boyfriend works at an auto shop and he came over to the house one day and saw it sitting in the driveway. He came to the door and said he thought it was a BMW at first and couldnt beleive it was a KIA, he loved it.

·
Registered
973 Posts
when I went down to the Colombian Consulates office in Atlanta, I had to go back out to my car to get something. I saw a couple with a very nice new Porsche Cayman pulling in to the parking deck I was in. They parked and got out, and walked around my car two or three times lol
By that time I was all the way to the car and they left without asking me anything. I think I scared them off lol
this was before I removed the forte badge so they definitely could tell what it was

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I just got back from my first service at Kia and while I was IN the Kia dealership, I got asked what my car was! I was like wtf? It's a Koup... just like the one behind you lol xD

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yesterday, some crazy guys where crossing the highway where they shouldn't just taking the risk. I was driving by at the time, and one of them kept pointing my car to the other, like saying, "look at that car man!" Now that was hilarious.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Peep's are just always very surprised to see the Kia brand and they all say that the car is incredible. I also heard several times that the Forte Koup looks like a BMW M3 from beside.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah... the weekend i bought the car i took it to my grandparents house.. and when my grandpa saw it he asked me where i was working.. because he wanted to know how i could afford a BMW.. i looked at him weird and told him it was a KIA.. he smiled back and said "ohh i thought you were selling drugs"... lmao

·
Registered
126 Posts
:D:D:D

All good stories and variations of most of these have happened to me in the 10 weeks I've had the car.

No later than yesterday, my girlfriend and I are walking to the car after our workout at the gym and this guy walks up from behind us and can't say enough nice things about the car and how fabulous it looks, particularly with the color+wheels+drop combination. I say thank you and mention that it only costs $CDN 25K tax in, just over $30K total with all the audio, wheels, suspension and cosmetic mods. His jaw drops, says a bunch more nice things about the car and then walks over to his silver AMG CLK63 Benz...

Felt kinda nice...:cool::cool::cool:

My girlfriend then jokingly accused me of falling back into adolescence (evidence to support indictment: using cars as toys) to which I replied that I haven't left adolescence and never will :rolleyes:

Like I've written in the Suspension Upgrade thread, my '07 335i Coupe has never, but I mean never, gotten this much attention. Not even close.

Kia really did hit a homerun with the styling of the Koup; just right.

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
hearing that story put a big smile to my face :D

one time, i was parking my koup on a neighborhood street when a guy driving his mazda i think it was stopped his car in the middle of the road, pulled down his window, and started asking me all these question about how i like my koup, telling me how he's been looking into it ever since it came out.

another time, when i was driving into a pay parking lot, all the workers started checking out my car and one of them started telling me how sweet it looks.

i can't wait for the day i get some compliments from someone driving a benz.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
just the other day, i was parked, drying my car after a car wash at a local gas station and a guy in a fully loaded 2010 land rover drove around me and my car trying to see what kinda car it was (my trunk was up and i was drying the grill so he couldent see badges) when that failed he pulled out of the gas station hooked a u turn and came right back in, got out of his car and asked. the first thing he said was how could you afford a car like that, i replied its a kia and smerked hes like no way, just in utter shock he asked me if he could look at it for a bit, i didnt mind since it was actually clean for once lol. thats probably the best story ive got not to mention the numerous times a day necks snap trying to see what kinda car it is.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i love you guys' stories!! too bad everyone in my town only gets a hard on for monster trucks and ricer neons :( oh well. it still does get some good looks :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts