Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forte owners of GTA. Anyone know of a place where we can get an in-dash DVD/NAV installed? Personally i don't see the need for one, but i have to find out for someone else. Anyone of you guys know of any place? the problem seems to be the dash kit to fit the unit. what does one do if they want it done professionally? you guys know of anyone good? Thanks a load guys.

Rano

·
Registered
407 Posts
I will recommend Ultra Auto Sound out Mississauga way, they have been involved in the GTA meetup in a big way.

The problem is, there is no Dash Kit for the Fortes YET, supposed to be something out June/July

Sooo, you would be looking at a total custom install, which means cutting your factory dash....and lots of money

I would wait for another few months, but contact Ultra and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I just priced out buying a new dash piece from Kia, and so that you can keep your original intact and ultra would work on a fresh one. The new trim piece would cost around 140 with taxes and the dealer markup.(not far from a real dashkit price). Ultra would modify it and add the universal insert.

You would have to add extra money for the headunit, install, steering wheel control option, Sirius/xm if you want it, and some headunits needthe nav addon too. Then if you are using your existing speakers, you will also need a custom wiring kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts