Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to instal a small tv for dvd's maybe xbox. I've seen people place a gps system where the clock goes, i'd rather have a tv there. Problem is when it comes to electronics, i have no clue! so withthat said, does anyone know where i can get that mount for the screen, what size tv, do i have to replace the stock head unit, and anything else i need? i know this sounds like alot, and it is, but i'd really appreciate it, thanks in advance

·
Registered
204 Posts
Its gonna be alot of work I can tell you that!! But will be worth it in the end, Just keep in mind the more things ur add in a car....the more chances ur takin in someone stealin it. First I would look for a kit, I saw someone on here who had a link, might wanna search for that. 2nd a way to power the TV and Xbox or whatever and a place for it to sit. 3rd I wouldnt touch the stock unit!! leave it alone...if ur gonna mess with it...leave the clock area alone and just put in a double din deck but idk how ur gonna keep the streering controls...trickyyy :/

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want to keep the steering controls, thats why i was thinking about leaving the stock head unit. if i replace the clock piece, i want it to look stock, that way no dumb dumbs come and try to steal it. my thing is, how would i turn on the tv, select it from xbox to dvd and all that other good stuff.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
another variation that i came across-
No.1 µ¶Æ¯´åÄÄ :: ÀÚµ¿Â÷¿ëÇ° Àü¹®¼îÇθô

its neat cuz it doesnt stick way up over the dash like the "clock replacement" one-
and- it comes w/a hazard light switch mod to keep the hazard light switch- the memory stick jacks are easily accessable- you get to keep the entire stock head unit
if my calculating scores are correct- its about 95 us dollars.......yes- the 95 dollars appears to be for just the fascia bits ......however- that works out with what you want to do- put a monitor of some sort in the dash- all you gotta do is find one that fits the hole.

big draw back is that its only for the cars w/the auto climate control.........damn those round vs rectangular holes !!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wish I had the automatic climate control. I would get that one. Hope they eventually make it for the manual A/C.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My monitor has three inputs, so I currently have an additional (after phone a/v outs and vga carputer). My inverter for power also has an additional plug. Using both additional connections I am able to hook up my PS3 or any other a/v media device.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
what screen did you use? and what model power adapter/inverter did you use?

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just need 2 inputs, but yea, how do i know what size inverter to use and all that other crap. i hate technology.... im lucky i can turn my computer on :(

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the inputs on the monitor are in the front or the back? and yea, what kind of screen do you have? worse comes to worse, ill just bite off you lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
7 Inch Touchscreen LCD with VGA

But that has touch screen usb and vga for a computer. Also, if you are going to use the korean auto imports mount you will need a dremel to cut the bottom of the mount to reach the buttons on the monitor.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im thinking im going to have to change the head unit now to get one with a dvd player in it :( probably be easier considering i havent found a dvd player that doesnt go into the dashboard

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hey YL Groper, with that set up u have and when u plug in your phone to it, what connection is that and will ANYthing from the phones screen come up on the LCD? Such as movies (on iPod or YouTube, etc.) and music and even texting and anything else you may do on your phones screen? I'm very serious about doing this and I need as much info as possible and I know you did everything yourself so you would be the one to ask. Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is a pm sent to shaks, i thought id post it for the benifit of others. Sorry for spelling and grammar, im on pain killers because someone hit my car this weekend.

Well, everything on my phones screen is projected through a/v to the monitor. nav through vz nav - google maps, videos, web, youtube, emails, messages, time, date, weather, everything. But you have to have a phone with video output capability. My HTC touch pro 2 has an a/v cable. Or, there is a computer app called my mobler that allows you to pull your phone screen via activesynce on windows mobile phones to your desktop. If you had a carputer you could just do that if your phone doesnt have outputs. The other benefit in this is that you can make the monitor touch screen work to control your phone using my mobler. Yes, my main purpose of the phone through a/v is gps/nav and checking emails and messages, time, date, weather, temp.

I do not have a second battery. My carputer is running off the cigarette plug through a 400 watt ac converter.

With my specific screen (and many others i seen) you have to cut the bottom of the mount to get to the buttons. My screen's control sensor is down with the buttons, so the controller would not work if i didnt cut it. I tried scoring the bottom of the kit, and burning through it with heated metal. This didnt work out. Luckily my buddy had a dremel and it took 2 minutes to cut the thing. It worked out great. You dont need to use a dremel, but it was the best way i could figure out to cut the thing.

Im using my stock stereo, which i love. It has no affect on volume controls of blue tooth. but if you are playing music with your phone or computer, its not going to change the tracks. I normally use my ipod connected to the car for music, phone home screen on the monitor for time/date/weather info.....or its runnign nav, and switch over to carputer for internet, movies, and computer stuff.

The way my set up is, its like this.

My phone is normally used as the primary monitor screen. This is for time, date, missed calls, messages yadda yadda. All audio phone audio goes through my monitor speakers. So i can use voice navigation....the voice will go through the monitor speakers while my music or radio is still playing regular through my car speaker from my ipod. If i get a call, caller id shows up on the monitor, the ringtone goes through the monitor speakers. When i answer the call, via bluetooth, the audio switches over to the car speakers per normally. the monitor also has a headphone output jack on the front that i can run to the aux car input if i want the phone audio in my car speakers and not just the monitor.

For my laptop, i just switch video input to vga in the monitor and plug the headphone output to the aux car input and bam, perfect movies. Its so rad. The setup is perfect.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Groper I have an iPhone 4 so this would work the way you have it correct?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Chaps!

I just bought my Head unit from china. they will ship it next week they're manifacturing what I asked for.

Se ordered the Adaptor Frame in other company and will send all in one pack to my home (BRAZIL).
I just dropping the link for you guys have a look about all process that i'm taking

DVD+GPS (my model is the FINISH D)
Universal 2 DIN Car DVD Player(7.0--Car DVD/GPS Player,Car Accessories,Car Portable GPS,Car TFT LCD Monitor,Digital Products,Car Scanners,Car Remotes & Transponder Keys? AutoKings Technology from China

Adaptor Frame ( I'll spray it to change the collour)
car audio frame for 2009 Kia Forte/Cerato(aircon auto),2DIN products, buy car audio frame for 2009 Kia Forte/Cerato(aircon auto),2DIN products from alibaba.com

rear camera
Special Car Camera for Kia Forte--Car DVD/GPS Player,Car Accessories,Car Portable GPS,Car TFT LCD Monitor,Digital Products,Car Scanners,Car Remotes & Transponder Keys? AutoKings Technology from China

It's coming in the same pack a SD card with IGO8, and also build-in on my DVD I asked to install one thing called CANBUS.
Canbus is the device it allows the Buttons at the steering Wheel's Control the DVD
Built-in also is a Digital TV (ISDB-T) brazilian padronization, but you can choose for your country padronization.

I payed 507,00 american dolars via paypal for everything

DVD/GPS (AKB-U2002, finish D) + DIGITAL TV ISDB-T (build-in) + Adaptor Frame + rear Camera (AKE-CM010) + Ship Cost(china to Brazil) + SD Card IGO8 + CANBUS

but I've a question!!

Does anybody else is having a problem to refit the hazard button?
The round red button at the very top of the frame!

I've a friend here in Brazil, that he told me that he had to do some kind of adaptation, because, the back of the frame on this button area has only 4 small studs, and there's no place that can hold the button in place again, so he done a modification by him self.

Any Ideas or this another adaptor frame can help?
car audio frame for Kia Forte Park Light(Jordan) products, buy car audio frame for Kia Forte Park Light(Jordan) products from alibaba.com

Ideias??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Chaps!

I just bought my Head unit from china. they will ship it next week they're manifacturing what I asked for.

Se ordered the Adaptor Frame in other company and will send all in one pack to my home (BRAZIL).
I just dropping the link for you guys have a look about all process that i'm taking

DVD+GPS (my model is the FINISH D)
Universal 2 DIN Car DVD Player(7.0--Car DVD/GPS Player,Car Accessories,Car Portable GPS,Car TFT LCD Monitor,Digital Products,Car Scanners,Car Remotes & Transponder Keys? AutoKings Technology from China

Adaptor Frame ( I'll spray it to change the collour)
car audio frame for 2009 Kia Forte/Cerato(aircon auto),2DIN products, buy car audio frame for 2009 Kia Forte/Cerato(aircon auto),2DIN products from alibaba.com

rear camera
Special Car Camera for Kia Forte--Car DVD/GPS Player,Car Accessories,Car Portable GPS,Car TFT LCD Monitor,Digital Products,Car Scanners,Car Remotes & Transponder Keys? AutoKings Technology from China

It's coming in the same pack a SD card with IGO8, and also build-in on my DVD I asked to install one thing called CANBUS.
Canbus is the device it allows the Buttons at the steering Wheel's Control the DVD
Built-in also is a Digital TV (ISDB-T) brazilian padronization, but you can choose for your country padronization.

I payed 507,00 american dolars via paypal for everything

DVD/GPS (AKB-U2002, finish D) + DIGITAL TV ISDB-T (build-in) + Adaptor Frame + rear Camera (AKE-CM010) + Ship Cost(china to Brazil) + SD Card IGO8 + CANBUS

but I've a question!!

Does anybody else is having a problem to refit the hazard button?
The round red button at the very top of the frame!

I've a friend here in Brazil, that he told me that he had to do some kind of adaptation, because, the back of the frame on this button area has only 4 small studs, and there's no place that can hold the button in place again, so he done a modification by him self.

Any Ideas or this another adaptor frame can help?
car audio frame for Kia Forte Park Light(Jordan) products, buy car audio frame for Kia Forte Park Light(Jordan) products from alibaba.com

Ideias??
try hot glue gun, worked for me:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.