Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy, I'm an Australian living/working in Korea for a fews years now. I picked up my Forte Sedan a couple of months ago. Love it.
The option pack was fairly good for the price, they tint the windows and add things like computerized Toll gate systems for free here.
Had a Navigation/TV installed after with the shark fin antenna and a couple of blue LEDs. But basically I like it how it came.

Some Pics are attached.

BTW..I have been thinking about exporting from Korea after market parts for dressing up newer Kia and Hyundai cars. Like spoilers, grills, interiors, badges etc etc basically whatever parts I can easily get here. It'd be a web store. It would be nice to know if there is a need. If anyone has any ideas about parts that can't be found easily outside Korea let me know. From experience I know it is fairly difficult (if not impossible for non residents) to access Korean websites....and there is plenty of stuff available.

Cheers

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is certainly a desire for the KDM products... absolutely! The issue that may plague you is shipping costs. $100 for an item that all of a sudden becomes $200 once shipping is added becomes a tough buy for some people.

I suppose one easy solution would be to organize larger shipments to localized areas... same idea of a group buy, but not everyone needs to buy the same item. A small box to a certain location may be $100 as an example, whereas a much larger box to the same location will often only be $150 - again, just shooting numbers out for the example but I think my point is clear.

If that damn Pacific wasn't so big... oh the goodies I'd love to have... if you do get this idea rolling, I'll be quite interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess the best way is to put up a list of stuff readily available as a pdf and see if anyone notices stuff they can't get. As for KDM stuff I found a few sites here but they don't stock products for the Forte or K5. Has anybody here purchased or imported KDM stuff from Korea?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have red LED scuff plates from Korea, but boy were they a hassle to get!!!! Good thing my daddy is from singapore! Lol, but I'd def be interested in what you have to offer!!! I hear there are SO MANY goodies in korea! (according to my dad!)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
way i see it- we need someone here in CONUS that is like juzkars in singapore---
juzkars deals w/buying stuff direct from korea- then resells (he also does installs i belive- giving more belivability to any claims of the parts fitting the car.......)

of course- singapore is much smaller spacewise compared to CONUS...which screws things up..........

oh yeah- missed ya fas93- and heck- there are alsorts of KDM sorta stuff out there on the interwebs- problem is translations- lol

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
way i see it- we need someone here in CONUS that is like juzkars in singapore---
juzkars deals w/buying stuff direct from korea- then resells (he also does installs i belive- giving more belivability to any claims of the parts fitting the car.......)

of course- singapore is much smaller spacewise compared to CONUS...which screws things up..........

oh yeah- missed ya fas93- and heck- there are alsorts of KDM sorta stuff out there on the interwebs- problem is translations- lol
Oh you missed me? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts