Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha, long way from home but the 5 just made it to Tampa for a little visit.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
you drove your 5 all the way to tampa? geez

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wasn't bad compared to previous cars I've driven in on long trips. Every time we filled up my friend and I switched spots so it wasn't just constant driving.

For the first like 14 hours we were good, no pain whatsoever after that we started to get a little sore.

And yeah came out to visit my brother lol, I'm also gonna be moving out here in Late august / september so I need to take a look around. Also hoping to check out USF's campus.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Love that area-will be in Clearwater in July

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in I think Wesley Chapel right now. Dunno if I'll be doing anything fun, probably not lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
get your white wisconsin butt to the beach, man, how often are you this close? at least check it out while you are there!!! There is an old school BBQ shack in Dunedin if you can make it. Also get a grouper sandwich lol. Some nice venues downtown Tampa for bands.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I lived in Tampa for 25 years (Carrollwood area and then just north of downtown). Loved it... but visited the west and I can't see living any place else. Wesley Chapel is nice... just plan on going south too often. Traffic is just terrible as the area is becoming so developed. I could remember when there was nothing north of Lutz and even that was the boondocks. I do still visit once a year as my parents are still there.

September in FL... hot and humid. :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've only ever been here in late august so I'm used to the humid heat and compared to Chicago traffic here is nothing lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to live in tampa....Not a bad place to live. Alot of great places to eat and hang out. Check to see if they still do the races on the courtney campbell causeway....if not usually u will see alot of car clubs hold there meets there..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I used to live in tampa....Not a bad place to live. Alot of great places to eat and hang out. Check to see if they still do the races on the courtney campbell causeway....if not usually u will see alot of car clubs hold there meets there..
lot of the racing is done on the howard franklin bridge- ever since they built the new sections- its a nice wide straight and smooth roadway

ccc is nice- but more for the cruisin than the racing...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I don't plan on doing any racing lol.

My trip is now over :( sad sad day, back in Wisconsin freezing my ass off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.