Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anybody has already tried this... but I'm giving it a shot:

Tomorrow afternoon I'm giving Dixia Kia a call and I'm going to find out how much it would be to buy and ship the Forte Koup SX-R axle back exhaust to the united states. I've had some people tell me it's possible and others tell me it's not so I'm giving ti a shot myself because I really would like the exhaust. To all those who are curious like me, i'll post a thread with the verdict :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
If you like Vibrant exhaust, you could buy (a) Vibrant muffler of youre choice and have a shop turn it into an axle back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh. I didnt know that. is it expensive and do forte koups have bolt on mufflers or are they welded on?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
Oh. I didnt know that. is it expensive and do forte koups have bolt on mufflers or are they welded on?

The Forte's exhaust is bolted together -- 19MM nuts on studs. See my post "solo Performance exhaust install and critique" for pictures. http://www.forteforums.com/forums/p...olo-performance-exhaust-install-critique.html

The "R" Axle-back muffler will set you back @$500.

I've bought items from Canadian companies -- if they ship from Canada it is not unusually expensive, it just has to go through US Customs and that can delay it a week to a month!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
No, the SX-r axle back has pipes and a connector welded on -- look for KoupSX-Rs thread on his build. I think he was the one they fabricated the "r" package on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but would they sound the same? i really like the sound of the sx-r axle back. thats what im going for. but gripphhard said to get the vibrant muffler because its the same.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Let me clarify. Vibrant simply didn't take an off-the-shelf muffler unit for this system. The exterior may appear to be the same as those on the website, but the R version has unique internals. It was tuned to provided the exhaust note you hear which is also street legal (or else Kia could not sell them).
Note the muffler also has a single inlet and dual outlet (not single in-and-out with y-pipe as they come from the factory) with some really great looking larger tips that have been rotated and staggered to follow the rear bumper. IMO, the tip diameter is perfect as they fill the cutout in the rear bumper just right. There are those that will appreciate these details.

You will not be disappointed in the exhaust note.
That deep tone and sweet burble sound on deceleration the R axle-back provides is spectacular.

I don't see why the dealership can't ship you the exhaust as long you accept the shipping charge. There’s no reason for the US Customs to delay a shipment unless there are inconsistencies in the shipping documents.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the dealership will not be able to order it. i asked the parts guy at the kia dealership i work at and he said he does not have the part numbers for it in the system since it was never sold here but you can call a kia dealership in canada and order it that way.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
From everything I know 401 Dixie Kia will ship parts to the USA. Please call and confirm this though. I have the R axle back and love the sound everytime I hear it.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Let me clarify. Vibrant simply didn't take an off-the-shelf muffler unit for this system. The exterior may appear to be the same as those on the website, but the R version has unique internals. It was tuned to provided the exhaust note you hear which is also street legal (or else Kia could not sell them).
Note the muffler also has a single inlet and dual outlet (not single in-and-out with y-pipe as they come from the factory) with some really great looking larger tips that have been rotated and staggered to follow the rear bumper. IMO, the tip diameter is perfect as they fill the cutout in the rear bumper just right. There are those that will appreciate these details.

You will not be disappointed in the exhaust note.
That deep tone and sweet burble sound on deceleration the R axle-back provides is spectacular.

I don't see why the dealership can't ship you the exhaust as long you accept the shipping charge. There’s no reason for the US Customs to delay a shipment unless there are inconsistencies in the shipping documents.
You don't know the US Customs...LoL!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.