Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
i am looking at putting bigger injectors and a k&n apollo universal cai
but i am not sure how many lbs the stock injectors are.... anybody know???:confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
why are you looking for bigger injectors?
thinking of going forced induction?
and as far as the injectors i have no clue what size they are... i searched for a while too

·
Registered
425 Posts
why are you looking for bigger injectors?
thinking of going forced induction?
and as far as the injectors i have no clue what size they are... i searched for a while too
Speaking of forced induction, I wonder if the Hyundai Genesis injectors would work and if they are bigger since that car does have a turbo. If the injectors are bigger then it would be possible to use an OEM part. The engines are both Theta II, I am sure the Genesis Coupe has more reinforcement though to handle the boost.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Speaking of forced induction, I wonder if the Hyundai Genesis injectors would work and if they are bigger since that car does have a turbo. If the injectors are bigger then it would be possible to use an OEM part. The engines are both Theta II, I am sure the Genesis Coupe has more reinforcement though to handle the boost.
are they the same engines?
also the fuel rail would have to be the same for them to be interchangeable

·
Registered
708 Posts
hey,
i am looking at putting bigger injectors and a k&n apollo universal cai
but i am not sure how many lbs the stock injectors are.... anybody know???:confused:

to put it bluntly... you do not need larger injectors.. and buy a real CAI not a universal one

·
Registered
425 Posts
I am fairly positive the intake manifolds and fuel rail are different.
True, but the injectors might still fit the Forte's intake manifold, you would just need the Genesis fuel rail, but that has a great chance of NOT fitting the Forte. You could in turn have a custom one made. This would be good if you plan to go for a custom turbo set up and need the bigger injectors to deliver more fuel. Other than boost or a really insane amount of N/A work it is not really necessary as newer cars tend to run rich and you need to pull back on a bit of fuel to smooth out power.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
forget the injectors... but the k&n apollo is still a good idea.... to scared to put a tk cai on becuse of winter and owning a shop seeing how many people come in with a seized motor because there cai that is near there wheel well has sucked in water

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
forget the injectors... but the k&n apollo is still a good idea.... to scared to put a tk cai on becuse of winter and owning a shop seeing how many people come in with a seized motor because there cai that is near there wheel well has sucked in water
The wheel wells are covered by the plastic guards and are not allowing water into the fender interior from water kickup from the tires. You will have to try and submerge the front end into water to get the water to go behind the fog lamps.
Winter time I will be switching back to factory or installing a SRI since it gets damn cold here for those months. Not going to need the CAI benefits since the roads are icy and not able to get as much traction.

·
Registered
708 Posts
the apollo is a terrible idea.. it uses like a corrugated tubing doesn't it ? that fucks up airflow big time.. the area is covered.. shit if your worried about it .. just get a K&N drop in

·
Registered
973 Posts
the apollo is a terrible idea.. it uses like a corrugated tubing doesn't it ? that fucks up airflow big time.. the area is covered.. shit if your worried about it .. just get a K&N drop in
I can vouch for the k&n drop in, I like the stock induction design so thats what I'm using. I hope I have NASCAR engines 2 soon so I can take some dyno runs for free=]

·
Registered
358 Posts
I was reading this magazine today, and it stated that TurboKits supplied some DeathschWerks fuel injectors to a Kia Koup owner for more boost. I searched the DeathschWerks website, and didn't find anything for the Koup. I can say one thing. The Koup in the magazine looked sick. Anyone knows about that brand of fuel injectors for the Koup? I want them!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I was reading this magazine today, and it stated that TurboKits supplied some DeathschWerks fuel injectors to a Kia Koup owner for more boost. I searched the DeathschWerks website, and didn't find anything for the Koup. I can say one thing. The Koup in the magazine looked sick. Anyone knows about that brand of fuel injectors for the Koup? I want them!
I believe the gen coupe / evo x ones work. Ill be trying it soon so ill let you know if no one else knows.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Ive read that genesis injectors fit the koup (2.0 is what the guy said, not sure about 2.4), and many genesis guys swap theirs for evo x injectors, so using this formula, the 2.0 in the forte can use evo x injectors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
and as far as the injectors i have no idea what dimension they are... i explored for a while too . . . . . But ended up looking on search engines and in fact did really found what i was really looking for . . ..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will call kia to ask what cc are the koups injectors, I have genesis stock injectors modified to 440cc. I have not tried for myself if they fit if they, but a lot of people has told me that they fit, but the have not used it because they still have not reflashed thier fortes.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Even if you change out the injector with higher flow rate capacity, you may not necessarily get increase in HP. You probably will need to tune other fuel system components to get the right fuel/air ratio required to get increase in HP. I am not an expert, but using common sense only. At minimum, you will need to tune ECU, and perhaps upgrade the fuel pump too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Even if you change out the injector with higher flow rate capacity, you may not necessarily get increase in HP. You probably will need to tune other fuel system components to get the right fuel/air ratio required to get increase in HP. I am not an expert, but using common sense only. At minimum, you will need to tune ECU, and perhaps upgrade the fuel pump too.
Yes. I will retune with the injectors if they fit and work well. My car is reflashed right know, I have 170hp 168 tq. and the gas mix is in 13.6 genesis are usually in that gas mix also. So if my car turns on with the injectors, it should be no problem leaving them thier. Next will be reflahed and retune again the ecu to see if it does give the extra hp. I have my doubts also but who knows, im anxious to know if it works.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.