Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear any SOLID info about the Injen Intake for the 2.4s?

Injen - Press this is a link for the 2.0...

I would hope they plan to make one for the 2.4. We better get aftermarket loving, I'm hearing it may work on our engines. If so why wouldn't they list it as 2.0 / 2.4? Doesn't make much sense IMO.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
My guess would be that Injen built the SP1320 with a 2.0L test vehicle and dynoed it to make sure it worked. Just throwing on an intake from a specific size engine on to a different engine rarely provides the same performance. When they get enough interest to do the same engineering on a 2.4 they'll tackle it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Both engines have the same layout, it should be fine on the 2.4.
If you think a larger diameter would be more beneficial for the larger engine go with Turbokits.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I emailed Injen asking how to properly determine if the SP1320 would fit a 2.4L. I'll post their reply as soon as I get one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks roknrolr!! I may e-mail them showing interest in the 2.4 myself. More people want one the more likely 2.4s will see one.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The Injen one is exactly if not slightly smaller than the Throttle Body inlet that it attaches to on the engine. If you look at the pics of it you'll see the adapter rubber tube is straight through while the TurboKit's adapter is from larger (Intake Tube) to smaller (Throttle Body inlet). You can see the size difference that the adapter is in my install video when I hold it up before installing it at 5:39 time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice video and grats on the CAI. How far down does that CAI go? I would hate to hit a puddle and suck up some water.

I remember a while back hearing about some type of bypass system for a CAI so it wouldn't put water in your engine. Any idea if that could work on our Koup's? I live in Louisiana sometimes we get storms that leave some nasty puddles in my town.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
That would help a lot here too. Especially in the spring when some roads get flooded with the spring runoff.

- Still waiting on a reply from Injen -

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
AEM bypass valve to prevent hydolock.
Anyone ever use one of these? Obviously I understand the pro's but are there any cons to using this?

Also how frequent is water induction an issue with cai?

I pre ordered the turbokits cai and this is my first cai.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
459 Posts
Anyone ever use one of these? Obviously I understand the pro's but are there any cons to using this?

Also how frequent is water induction an issue with cai?

I pre ordered the turbokits cai and this is my first cai.

Thanks for any help

I have used one before, they don't do much unless you lose total pressure in the lower pipe (if the intake is a 2 pipe design). Kind of like having a bendy straw that has a crack in the bend trying to drink something.

Ideally they take away some of the gains that an intake gives. I personally wouldn't recommend one. I don't mind the Injen Hydroshield though, its a water resistant prefilter, but again it takes away some of the benefit of an intake.

·
Registered
746 Posts
most people with common sense will be ok. the filter for the most part has to be submerged for hydolock to occur. if you live in an area where there are flash floods, be aware.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Like I mentioned a few times and I had a TSB (popping noise on shift) fixed this weekend so I quickly (5 min) switched back to factory intake. It doesn't take long at all to switch your factory back with this setup. Kia did a great job in giving us plenty of working room for add-ons and maintenance area. My previous CAI you had to remove the front tire and take out the splash shield to get to the filter to change or remove.
If you get a storm and you know you need to drive in it then switch back to be safe. Easy fix.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AEM bypass valve to prevent hydolock.
Can the bypass valve be used on any cai without modifications. I see my question sidetracked the topic sorry about that.

I can only avoid puddles so much when it rains. Is a puddle likely to hydrolock with a cai? I highly doubt it. If that was the case no one would want a cai. If the filter has to be submerged I'm not really worried. But the roads in my area aren't amazing at draining. I'm not overly worried but the car is rather important as I use it daily.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts