Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally was able to buy an idatalink maestro RR module from Ebay.

Still working on it. I don't get all of the oem gauges.

The top roll: satellite, media player/usb, telephone, bt streaming.They're not
available.

The bottom roll: gauges, climate, parking assist, vehicle info.
They are lit/highlighted but only the gauges are accessible.
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Audio equipment Gas Cable
Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring Audio equipment Auto part

I am using the Crux steering wheel control (swc) interface SWRHK-65S to keep the steering wheel controls. Doesn't seem to interfere with the idatalink maestro RR module & didn't have to cut/use any of the OEM/factory wires & harnesses.

I do have to relearn/set the vol up/down, mute, next/back, call/hang up. Have to check on the laptop for button settings/assignments.

As for the non accessible oem. I don't know if that's due to the no use of an idatalink maestro Kia/Hyundai wire interface harnesses to the idatalink maestro RR module.

Also wondering if the unused/not used wires from the idatalink maestro RR module is a reason for the non accessible selections?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From.my online searches & researches on the idatalink maestro RR module & how to hook up. I didn't know that an OBD2 connector was readily available.
Circuit component Electrical wiring Adapter Adapter Wire
only 2 wires from the OBD2 are used at the OEM/factory OBD2 port/plug.
Brown with red & Brown with Yellow.

The unused wires from the OBD2. I want to know what the other wires are for, use & purpose. I've been looking & can't find any info. Maybe that's why the kenwood DDX773BH doesn't have the other options available? Could also be maybe 2010 is too old or the kenwood is old? Still, I'd want the info to the rest of the wires.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Automotive lighting Light Automotive design Font Technology
Light Red Audio equipment Gadget Magenta
Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Gadget Audio equipment

New to me goodies. One can long touch one of the 5 individual displays & choose a setting to display. Quick tap/touch changes from bar to needle & vice versa. Can ser a limiter/limits, range, peak, minimum, levels.

There's more. Gotta mess with it some more. Wajt to get the other oem vehicle gauges on & car info.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,140 Posts
looking forward to seeing it all "buttoned up"!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've found out that in order to use the gauges. I need to have the left steering wheel controls to on.

The problem is that only volume up works as volume down, mode brings up phone book/contacts, next track, mute are sporadic. Volume down calls up voice/Bixby.

Been looking for the wires & their hook ups & assignments. Haven't found it or any yet.

Maybe the detailed manual is for dealer/professional automotive audio & video installer?
Font Technology Gadget Auto part Audio equipment
Computer Font Audio equipment Gadget Display device
Computer Audio equipment Gadget Font Display device
Computer Gadget Personal computer Font Audio equipment
Computer Gadget Font Display device Audio equipment
Gadget Audio equipment Font Display device Technology
Computer Audio equipment Gadget Personal computer Font
Computer Personal computer Gadget Font Audio equipment
Gadget Font Display device Multimedia Electronic device
Gadget Font Audio equipment Screenshot Display device

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,140 Posts
Will this fit in the dash - look like factory when done?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
236 Posts
This might sound dumb.. Did you download the app and firmware to update the Maestro for your vehicle from a computer.. I've installed several Maestro SW modules and you have to update the firmware specific to vehicle or you end up with your same issues. There are only 2 wires that control the steering wheel inputs. On the Maestro SW there is a 3.5mm jack that plugs into stereo for SW controls. I've never done an RR module.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This might sound dumb.. Did you download the app and firmware to update the Maestro for your vehicle from a computer.. I've installed several Maestro SW modules and you have to update the firmware specific to vehicle or you end up with your same issues. There are only 2 wires that control the steering wheel inputs. On the Maestro SW there is a 3.5mm jack that plugs into stereo for SW controls. I've never done an RR module.
Yeah, when I looked into the idatalink maestro RR module. I made an account to reset/clear & flash/program the rr module to the Kenwood (idatalink capable) & to the Forte.

If I turn off the use of gauges, I can use steering wheel controls.

I'm still looking for in depth & detailed wire descriptions.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Light Product Rectangle Font Office supplies
Circuit component Publication Font Passive circuit component Rectangle
when I bought the idatalink maestro RR module from Ebay. It didn't come with installation instructions.

The idatalink.com website doesn't give the info needed to the rest of the main wire harness for the rest of the unused wires/connections.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
236 Posts
Could be a bad firmware flash. Maybe reflash the module. Also could be the reason it was on Ebay. Prior owner could have had the same issue. I tend to stick with Crutchfield for their outstanding warranty.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Got the controls. I have to have the steering controls on off & gauges on after I flash/program the idatalink maestro rr module on the website (weblink).

I was also using the idatalink rr 3.5mm cable on the kenwood idatalink jack.
Glasses Vision care Office supplies Font Eye glass accessory

then used the other idatalink rr 3.5mm cable in the kenwood idatalink 3.5mm jack.
Font Office supplies Audio equipment Automotive exterior Fashion accessory

Font Automotive exterior Gas Rectangle Bumper
the kewood idatalink 3.5mm jack.

Trial, error & process of elimination. I was trying to get the rest of the kenwood DDX773BH OEM features operational & available.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Didn't need to use both idatalink maestro 3.5mm cables. Those are for other idatalink capable stereos & those that require their use.

Also, the wire harnesses needed to use the other OEM factory gauges aren't available for 2010 kia Forte Koup from idatalink the way Crux & other have available. Bummer.

Got it all working minus the other gauges. I'd settle for now, vehicle info & Tel.

Climate, parking assist, media player & BT streaming guess I need the interface wire harness/cables & newer vehicle, maybe stereo?

I've been looking at the kenwood DMX7706S. I had 2 chances to buy them cause I was more interested in getting the idatalink maestro rr module. I've been after that thing since I 1st got the Kenwood DDX773BH stereo in my Koup.

Some finished after pics. Didn't get the before & middle pics.
Watch Font Clock Gadget Flat panel display
Gadget Flat panel display Output device Audio equipment Font
Wheel Speedometer Font Display device Sports equipment

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
(y)(y)
Props tp your tenacity to do this work!!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I emailed idatalink asking about their HK1 harness & would it work with a kenwood DDX773BH & 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX. She said yes. Went to bestbuy & ordered the idatalink HK1 (Hyundai/Kia) wires harness/cables. Should be here in a few days Well see if those work for the other Kenwood OEM features.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts