Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a koup sx
How can we tap into the back speakers, we have the converter, but we arent sure how to get to the back speakers as they dont just pop off, which color wire is the speaker wire?
any help?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Your in luck! I tackled this project also today! I'm getting a new amp and speakers installed by an audio store next weekend. I don't want anyone (but me) messing up my car so I decided to take the panels off so there wouldn't be any scratches, gouges or broken clips!

First, you View attachment 844 View attachment 845 have to remove the entire rear seat(s). Fold down the top section(s) and take off the four 12mm bolts(two on each seat) and they will come right off. After that unbolt the rear part of the bottom seat(one 12mm bolt on each) then push in on the little lever(s) under the front of the rear seat and they will pull right out. You have to take the sill plate covers off(it just pulls straight up and off.) The rear speaker panels have two plastic screw clips(on each side) at the rear that will pull right out. Then be careful and pull the panel away. There are about seven clips that hold it on. I hope this helps you. I did it myself and it went very good (not one broken clip or scratch) and no blood!! I will take some pics and post them soon. P.S. It sure is a lot to go through just to remove those rear speakers! It would have been much easier if they would have just mounted them in the rear deck(there is plenty of room and nothing there!!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts