Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am about to order of ebay the SX fog assembly for my EX model. I am either going to install 4300K or 8000K HIDs in the fogs. What I am worried about is will the HIDs melt the housing because of how hot they get and it being made of plastic, has anyone experienced any problems like this? What are your opinion on it and on installing HIDs in fogs?

Thanks guys for feedback!!!

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I met up with another Koup that had HID headlights. I have stock headlights and for some reason my headlights were hotter than the Koup with the HIDs! I haven't tested out the fog lights because I haven't met up with another Koup who had HID fogs. I'm assuming it can't be much different than the HID headlight scenario. I wish I could help you more! Most of all good luck!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yep, HIDs run cooler than halogens. They burn more efficiently so they don't produce as much heat. Halogen is one of the hottest running bulbs...even for home use.

·
Registered
533 Posts
My only advice to you after helping rossfrost22 do this is to take the bumper off to mount because it is a huge pain in the dick to do it on the ground with the bumoer attached... If your state has inspection like PA does then you need to know someone who can pass you because legally your fogs should turn off when the high beams are switched on... So unless you feel like tapping into the factory wiring you will have this issue.. If you use HID's you should never need high beams anyways...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.