Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I know this is kind of a personal question but I was wondering how much everone was paying for insurance? Mine for a year is $4000, yea call me crazy. It's because im 18 and a guy as they say with a sports car.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hey I know this is kind of a personal question but I was wondering how much everone was paying for insurance? Mine for a year is $4000, yea call me crazy. It's because im 18 and a guy as they say with a sports car.
Wow, Need me to give you a picture so you can point out where the bad men touched you? lol.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
little less then a hundred dollars a month full coverage with progressive:)
200 dollar deductable.. if I get into a wreck,
250 for windsheld hail damage etc..

good deal yes!!! :)

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Yikes:O Ya, mine is about the same as Rainyraven's. A little less than $100/month for full coverage (PLPD, liability, fire, theft, & collision). I'd do some shopping bro.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lame!! Oh Well at least I can afford it for now and I have a job. Even though this is all im pretty much working for! Oh well!

·
Registered
973 Posts
mine used to be 52/month for full coverage, they found out about a ticket I got 3.5 yrs ago and jacked up my comprehensive coverage so now it's about 102/month
still not bad for someone who's only 21 lol

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yep, living in Toronto BLOWS for insurance rates. I have one minor speeding ticket and I pay just under $250/mnth. It's insane and I can't wait until that stupid ticket rids itself of my driving record. Without the ticket I'll still be paying in the $150/mnth mark.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have USAA and I pay $900/yr. Of course I'm 25 years old w/no accidents, so that helps. I've heard that's when you hit 25 and you are a male, your rates drop dramatically.

BTW I have the Sedan not the Koup, but I doubt there's much of a difference in rates between the two.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I've heard that's when you hit 25 and you are a male, your rates drop dramatically.
Rates drop at 25 regardless of gender. Try getting married and buying a house.

For the younger folks, your rates will also drop if you are in school and on a multi-car policy with your parents and send them a copy of your grades. If you make honor roll (3.0 GPA), they usually give a percentage discount. Something to check into for the younger crowd.

When I turned 25, the month prior my husband had a collision ticket fall off his driving report, I had gotten married, had a house, etc. When we changed our insurance we were able to insure 4 vehicles with better coverage for cheaper than the 3 we had been covering. Fast forward a few more years and clean driving records for the both of us, we are now insuring 4 vehicles, two with full coverage (one the Kia of course), for $159/mo. Having done all of the shopping around, Progressive is the best deal.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Yes, Progressive is the cheapest I have found too. I'm paying $135/month for full coverage on my car and an '02 Acura RSX. I do have to admit that my insurance practically dropped in half when I moved from California to Colorado.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i have USAA and pay 200/month
my mom works there :)
i hit a dear with my last car and had a 200 deductable for the damage that ended up being $4400 lol but nothing since. :) i do defensive driving twice a year and im 20. turning 21 in may!!

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
WOW! I wouldn't have bought a new ride if I was to pay 200$/ mounth in inssurance!!!
It cost around 400$ a year for full coverage with a ticket and 2 small claim (2000$)!
It's a package with my house and girlfriend ride!

·
Registered
14 Posts
$104/month with a 2009 Rondo on there as well. Without looking, I think the Forte's portion is around $65-70 of that. Full $100K-$300K coverage across the board.

For comparison purposes, I traded in a 2007 Camry for the Forte and my insurance went up by about $100 a year.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I live outside of Buffalo NY and yea I was doing the math by the time I'm done paying off my car I could have bought a 2nd car with my insurance! Crazy.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Mine is 4,516.00 a year with State Farm
it's high because

I am 18, good student, Kia Koup, 250k per person 500,000 per accident, 250K property damage.

250$ Collision deductible
250$ comprehensive deductible

·
Registered
29 Posts
Reading this makes me think I am getting ripped off... raped if you will, by my insurance company. I have been with them since I had my first car until present. No accidents, no tickets and up until november I was paying 350/mth, just dropped to 270/mth. I'm 21 so everyone is saying its age, but I have a friend that is paying half that on an acura rsx s-type. Same age, same insurance company. Getting mad......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts