Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where the IAT sensor for the Forte is positioned?

I've hooked up a bluetooth OBD device to the OBD connector whereby i can take readings off my smartphone, notced that the intake tamperature is unusually high (55 degrees celcius). is this normal?

appreciate any advice.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Hi guys,

I've hooked up a bluetooth OBD device to the OBD connector whereby i can take readings off my smartphone, notced that the intake tamperature is unusually high (55 degrees celcius). is this normal?

appreciate any advice.
Good question I haven't found it in my time in the engine bay. I have a feeling it's integrated or near the ECU.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I feel that mine is high as well. With temps around 60F the intake is around 100F. I also feel that the engine runs a little hot, usually around 190F and can increase to 205F when stopped.

I've installed the cone shaped air filter on the stock intake and the filter is sitting on/in the stock air box. I have noticed that the intake temp is lower at higher speeds. I figure the air scoop in the front of the engine has air being forced into it at higher speeds and this feeds cooler air into the air box in the engine compartment where the cone filter is sitting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
w/o installing anything, the intake temp drops abt 10 degrees celcius at high speed....

i guess if we are able to determine where exactly the sensor is located, we can look at mods specifically catered to reduce this temperature......

·
Site Sponsor
1,810 Posts
Yes it is built into the MAP sensor, if you pull out the MAP sensor you'll see a prong sticking out of it and if you look at the wiring you'll see it's got 4 wires. Power, Ground, MAP Signal & IAT Signal.

Thanks

Hi guys,

appreciate any advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts