Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into getting a new intake for the koup. but i just got the car last weekend and i dont really know anything about it yet.

But i was hoping yall could tell me what new intake would be best for cheap.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
:) I'm sure quite a few people have already viewed this post and wanted to say what they always tell everyone else, "There are already many more posts on this topic, just use the search feature". I'll still give you my opinion before you do search, along with many others on here, I have the TurboKits intake and love it. It's actually a pretty popular choice. :) Enjoy your new Koup.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yea, search the forums before posting but....Turbo-kits seems to be awesome stuff, but I have a spectre intake that you can buy from any auto store (Autozone, Kragen, O'Reileys...) and it was alot cheaper. Not trying to take business away from you TK, I want your turbo :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the intake from turbokits as well, and its fantastic. I have a '10, which had the awful blender sound to it when I got it, but the intake gives it a throatier sound, not to mention improved throttle response and it definitely cleans up 1st gear if you have a stick :) plus I've heard that turbokits has a cover to go over the filter because some people have complained about it getting wet (though I haven't had any issues), and they're starting to throw it in with the intakes when they ship them, which is a plus :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
If you want performance and HP gain that's backed by dynos and a good rep then go with TurboKits Cold Air Intake. (only works with manual as far as i know unless you bend you A/T dip stick)

don't go with injen unless you wanna remove your fog lights

2,213 Posts
Stay away from "cheap" parts. The old saying...you get what you pay for applies to cars too. Go for proven hp. I don't even own a CAI, but if I did I'd get turbokits if I did.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Turbo Kits! Quality parts, quality design, quick shipping, easy to follow directions, good customer service, IT WORKS oh and it sounds really cool!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks i guess ill have to check out turbokits ha sounds like the popular choice for the car!

·
Registered
190 Posts
:rolleyes: go for TK cai and it comes also with easy step by step installation instructions w/ pictures and you'll never go wrong. It's worth the price you r paying for.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Plus someone made a video of installing the TK CAI, can't recall the member though at this time. I think that person also had another vid with in car driving with the CAI installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts