Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick pick of the intake i did to hook the nos to. Used Soar4fun's mod but left the front air ram and hose from stock airbox to help with getting fresh air into the SRI. Also might help with that positive preasure thing. Might be a little getto but I dont plan on entering any car shows and the civic SI wont be able to see under my hood once i trigger the nos and he is looking at my tail lights:p I also went with the blue filter just because I am corsa blue and didnt want to steal all Soar's idea.
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/m...hs-koup-picture143-img00110-20100131-0958.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks really good ! Did you have to remount the ecu like soarforfun ? Is the nozzle mounted on the underside of the intake piping ? Is it legal in your state to have the bottle connected while driving on the street ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
which bends did you use for the air intake? I want to do that also. I think the leaving the air dam is a good idea.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
All the parts listed in Soar4funs original post. I credit him with the intake design totally. His original post is here.
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/198-my-custom-intake-ecu-relocation.html

After I ordered all the intake parts I had to go to a local parts place I don’t usually go to and they had everything I needed there... was a little disappointed but you live and learn. Try your local Auto Zone auto parts they have all the things in Soars list on the shelf.

Yes I had to relocate the ECU. But a trip to your local hard ware store for some metal and a few bolts and it will be totally obvious where to bolt the ecu. The problem is that the ECU is actually mounted to the stock air box. So when you remove that you need a new location. I have seen a mod on another thread where they left the air ram and stock box in place and just removed the pipe from the air box to the TB and lid to stock airbox. I have not ruled out this as an option to go back to if my relocation develops issues.

Trust me... It is worth the money it’s such an easy and cheap mod. I
Guarantee it will put a smile on your face from ear to ear when you hear the car run for the first time after putting the intake on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts