Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was installing my LED fogs, I notice the BPV location and available spacing would easily support an additional intake source of cool clean air. If you disconnect the hose to the BPV at the BPV and relocate it just forward of the BPV, it's a straight shot to a void in the front driverside corner of the car. It would only require a 8-12 in hose/pipe to react the location and then just place a small cone filter on the end. This would allow your intake to draw additional air in through the BPV recirculation port on your intake, and if you route this hose section with a small filter to a cool source, it should serve as quite a cheap and effective upgrade that the work is currently half done for you. An additional 1 inch diameter hose added to your intake, who cares right? Well if you measure out the entire length of an 1 inch piping system to achieve this easy tweak, I'm guessing it'll come in < 3 feet total. The CFM rate of a smooth bore 1 inch pipe at this length likely rivals the total increase of air flow that the Takeda provides over stock as it's pinch point through the front bulkhead isn't radically large. The stock intake (I have a K&N there as well already too) plus an additional cone filter on a 1 in hose should be sufficient for a little 1.6. The idea is also way more trick than disconnecting the hose from the intake and zip tying a vinyl cap over the hole to hear the BPV operate as a BOV. If I decide to go with a JB4, I'll be doing this. The stock intake maintains a pretty tight pinch to incorporate the use of a panel style filter, so I'd agree more flow here is warranted.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT, 2013 Kia Soul Plus, 1992 Toyota Corolla, 1978 Chevy Corvette, 2013 Fiat 500
113 Posts
I've done this lol

Completed on my car about 5 months ago, wasn't too hard actually.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT, 2013 Kia Soul Plus, 1992 Toyota Corolla, 1978 Chevy Corvette, 2013 Fiat 500
113 Posts
Well, made the turbo a LOT louder which was cool, however I can't really say that it made any gains performance wise.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not a problem!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went ahead and found everything to do this cheap:
1. Disconnect BPV recirc hose at the BPV and route in front, connect to this pipe; Aluminum Pipe, and affix it in a position pointing to the void in the front driverside bottom corner of the car. $11.99
2. Connect this; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00062YJQS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, to the end of that pipe. $26.99

1 + 2 = an unrestricted 1" diameter cold air port into your stock (or many modified if you fear your flow isn't enough) intakes at approx of an 3' total length. Not going to do the math there, but this could provide a significant/inexpensive boost in CFMs. $38.98 total

3. Adding this; Silicone 90, to the BPV for some direction, optional or pick another solution from their site. 19.99

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
440 Posts
Post a pic and let us see what you did. As far as I can tell, you just introduced more hot air into your intake than cold air. These cars are designed for optimum cold air being inducted into the intake from the factory. When you stick a pipe INSIDE the engine bay and under your hood, you're just pulling in more hot air.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Post a pic and let us see what you did. As far as I can tell, you just introduced more hot air into your intake than cold air. These cars are designed for optimum cold air being inducted into the intake from the factory. When you stick a pipe INSIDE the engine bay and under your hood, you're just pulling in more hot air.
By chance did you read any of the above posts?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well all the parts arrived, only problem is the aluminum pipe is just a bit larger than advertised. 1" id is pretty small when you look at it, but I'm still going to give it a try this weekend if I can carve out the time. Will go with a black PVC, should've in the first place as it's locally available. Will show a picture of what I have so far soon.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shelf Shelving Gas Tin Font

Here is the picture I promised. As you can see the Aluminum pipe is too big, but that silicone elbow should be just perfect to attach to the BPV and angle the expression to a desired direction. As for the little CCV filter, I’ll go get me a PVC pipe to extend the recirculating hose to that front driver’s side corner for a cold air source. Like I said, seems really small, almost pointless, but the flow rate for a short 1” pipe is pretty significant. The only issue I feel the stock airbox has is the tight bend it requires to pull air from the front of the car to the bottom of the box since it has a panel filter. I was going to cut a hole in the bottom of the box and route a similar solution as this to the hole, but this is way less intrusive. We’ll see I suppose, if I don’t like it, I’ll go with the other solution. I think after this I’ll get a JB4 and call her good…

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
317 Posts
View attachment 85021
Here is the picture I promised. As you can see the Aluminum pipe is too big, but that silicone elbow should be just perfect to attach to the BPV and angle the expression to a desired direction. As for the little CCV filter, I’ll go get me a PVC pipe to extend the recirculating hose to that front driver’s side corner for a cold air source. Like I said, seems really small, almost pointless, but the flow rate for a short 1” pipe is pretty significant. The only issue I feel the stock airbox has is the tight bend it requires to pull air from the front of the car to the bottom of the box since it has a panel filter. I was going to cut a hole in the bottom of the box and route a similar solution as this to the hole, but this is way less intrusive. We’ll see I suppose, if I don’t like it, I’ll go with the other solution. I think after this I’ll get a JB4 and call her good…
That's one helluva coin collection you got there! Fly Navy!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's one helluva coin collection you got there! Fly Navy!
Hey thanks! Yeah I'm trying to finally get my office in order and started putting those out. I actually have that one filled up now and one on the wall pretty full too, they go well with all my nautical trinkets, ship pictures, and missiles!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts