Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
So this can be done on the 2019-2021 Forte GT? Or not worth it?
You can go for mod B in my post it will be the same mod as what I did to my Forte.

320mm disc, 12" XG2P caliper mod.
GT come with 18" wheel don't they?
So you wont have any fitment issues with the wheel.

I think the GT comes with 300mm or 305mm discs and single piston calipers.

You will increase disc size from 12" to 12.6" and to a 2 piston caliper from 1 piston caliper.

3rd gen BD (2019-2021)
* 320mm disc, XG2P calipers (12"), 17" wheel and above
================================
Kia All New K3 XG2P Brake Tuning (Example 1)
Kia All New K3 XG2P Brake Tuning (Example 2)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Sorry for the rant.

My SX is at 90,000miles. The few times I've just checked the rotors/brakes & calipers. I need to replace with new ones.

The rotors need to be done. I'd like to either find an OEM/factory brake caliper repair kit (all 4 calipers still work but still) or buy non Chineseium made front & rear brake calipers.

This post immediately got my attention. It's been something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I'd use bigger or better Kia/Hyundai OEM/factory brake calipers & rotors if they fit a 2010 thru 2013 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L.
HI, I have updated this post with information that might help you.

Use Mando / hyundai over any of those Duralast brand.
The quality will be far superior.

You can either do mod C, which will require
1. machining the GDI rotors down from 320mm to 317mm, 316mm, or 315mm
If you try this mod let us know what worked for you. You will need access to a shop that machines discs....
2. 12" calipers from 2005 XG
3. Pads for the 12" calipers from XG

You can look at the Examples.

or you can do mod D
1. Keeping the SX 300mm size discs
(replace them with something more high performance)
2. 11" calipers from earlier XG models
3. Pads for the 11" calipers from XG.

Both mods will give you a 2 piston caliper.
It's just for 1st gen you need more work and cost to machine the rotors if you want to do the larger 320mm brakes with 12" calipers...

I also upgraded my rears with power stop.
EBC does not make rear rotors for Forte.
So I had to compromise with these China casted rotors and machined in US rotor.
And I put more performance oriented pads on them. If you find something better than what I did please post it will be helpful.

If you want to rebuild the rear stock calipers you might want to just buy the rear Mando calipers and replace them. Quality wise it will be OEM quality and Price wise I think it might be same or cheaper...

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I clicked the link.

By the looks & working/description & installation. Seems that I can just keep using OEM/factory 300mm (front) rotors & just buy the 2 piston bore brake calipers. I don't have to have my from rotors machined/shaved at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I clicked the... .. .

By the looks & working/description & installation. Seems that I can just keep using OEM/factory 300mm (front) rotors & just buy the 2 piston bore brake calipers. I don't have to have my from rotors machined/shaved at all.
Yes if you think the 317mm job is a headache just do the 16 inch wheel brake mod. But I don't know what your wear is on the front discs after 90k miles. You might want to either resurface or replace depending on condition.

It should be good enough.
Better than factory for sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Why would it say it will fit a Forte of any year for that matter.

This is a mod. Its not something Kia is gonna list as a compatible part.

The mod is legit.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts