Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I miss the interior lights coming on when the door is unlocked that my old BMW featured. I'm also surprised that the lights don't slowly dim after the door is closed. Does anyone have an idea on how to have the lights come on when unlocked and stay on for about 30 seconds or until the car is started? I don't want to do a major engineering project, but I thought one of the creative people out there has figured out how to do it.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
There are dimming/delay circuits you can get from ebay...I have looked into it am still researching....this would be nice I think a few others are looking into it as well.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, interesting. It must connect somehow from the door unlocking relay to the interior light switch. On the surface, this doesn't seem too hard, but finding the correct connections might be tough.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've gotten nowhere with this. I also miss it from my old car, but I miss a lot of things from my BMW. What I don't miss are the constant repairs. The Kia's not perfect, but at least it's reliable!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I've gotten nowhere with this. I also miss it from my old car, but I miss a lot of things from my BMW. What I don't miss are the constant repairs. The Kia's not perfect, but at least it's reliable!
It's kinda easy if you want them to turn on when you OPEN the door.

remove the shrouds from around the steering wheel and you'll find the "ignition LED light" tap into that, and use it to trigger a relay which then you hook up to the map lights. or instead of a relay use Automotive Time-Delay Relay

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
My interior lights stopped turning off when starting the veh. Possible door jam switch?
Year? Koup? Sedan? Hatchback?
Check the dome light switch. Maybe it got knocked to the “ON” position instead of “DOOR”

·
Registered
3 Posts
And the only door that open was the driver door. Worked correctly (lights come on when you open door, and turn off when you start the veh) when I first got in, stopped to get gas, got back in, lights would not go off unless I stopped the car, turned it off, got out, closed door, and hit lock on remote

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
MY14 EX sedan, I don’t have a all interior Dome /Map light button. Only intensity
You don't have something similar to this on the ceiling of you car near the rear view mirror?

Or something like this in the middle of the ceiling?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.