Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know what you think.

Do you prefer white, Blue or Red for the Map light?

Mat

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
depends on what you like. i went with blue cause my car is blue and i like the look of blue leds

·
Registered
84 Posts
depends on what you like. i went with blue cause my car is blue and i like the look of blue leds
Agreed on matching. I've got a Copperhead Koup, but I think I may go with red since the interior lighting is already red.

I say go with what you think looks good personally. We all have such different tastes and reasons for doing things. Its your car at the end of the day. And you're paying for it, might as well set it up how u like it!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a sedan and I am doing red dome and white map. I will make the dome operate from the doors and the maps by push only. I will do trunk red as well

·
Registered
128 Posts
Agreed on matching. I've got a Copperhead Koup, but I think I may go with red since the interior lighting is already red.

I say go with what you think looks good personally. We all have such different tastes and reasons for doing things. Its your car at the end of the day. And you're paying for it, might as well set it up how u like it!!
Idk what color to do I wantd to get orange or amber but then it won't look right w the red can I change the red ones on the dash?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think i'll go with white dome and map but I will put red led on the floor and red in trunk.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Idk what color to do I wantd to get orange or amber but then it won't look right w the red can I change the red ones on the dash?
I'm not sure about changing the stock LED's...that's a little over my head. Personally, i LOVE the red inside!!

I think i'll go with white dome and map but I will put red led on the floor and red in trunk.
That could work very well. The only difference with going color for the maps, is to match the scheme...but you won't be able to see as well as you do with the whites

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you get a cool white LED for the DOME and Map lights, it will give the interior a nice purplish/white glow. I used white even though my footwell/cupholder/tray is all red lighting, and it looks fine.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
In my Burnt Orange (American Copperhead) I have red and everyone loves it. I did how ever find an Amber bulb but I wasn't willing to order to try it out.

As for changing leds in dash. It is possible with alot of soddering. They are surface mount leds. I have seen a how to beofre on how to do it. I would only do it, if I could buy a spare dash to play with. i did it in our mustang but we just changed bulbs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I wanna try to change the dash lighting I think orange would look really good what u think foxx?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you have the patience to do it, I say go for it, only prblem is the light emitted from anmber or orange leds is not very bright. Also to do this you may wanna look at after market stereo since it is red as well. If i can find the how to i'll link it here.

some quick info.
02 Kia Optima Interior LED color change - Kia Forum
I have a new avatar for you you foxx. Every time I see a post by you I think this...No disrespect meant ....by all means.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
^^^ no offence taken. LOL that actually doesn't look half bad.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Here is a link to multicolour smd panels.
SMD LED Panels

Have not tried them but they have amber atleast.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I had the red led map lights. They look awesome, but provide little practicality. I had to have a small flashlight available if I needed to look for something. I have since switched to very bright blue leds. Here is something to think about, while driving at night, if you have dark tinted windows (as most of us do) you want to be able to light up the inside of the car (as well as roll down windows) if you get pulled over by law enforcement. Making the officer feel safe as he or she approaches your car will help keep you safe as well. =]

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had the red led map lights. They look awesome, but provide little practicality. I had to have a small flashlight available if I needed to look for something. I have since switched to very bright blue leds. Here is something to think about, while driving at night, if you have dark tinted windows (as most of us do) you want to be able to light up the inside of the car (as well as roll down windows) if you get pulled over by law enforcement. Making the officer feel safe as he or she approaches your car will help keep you safe as well. =]
I agree...I like the idea of having red for a cool effect in the dome light but I want white for the map lights so if I want to find something I can.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts